|Community Safety Coordinator
||City of Surrey
This posting closed on
March 15, 2019
at 11:30 PM
||2813 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Parks, Recreation, and Culture
||This is a project position in the Community Safety team within the Parks, Recreation and Culture department. The position is responsible for coordination and delivery of key aspects of the new Surrey Anti-Gang Family Empowerment (SAFE) Program which was launched in January 2019. The SAFE program is made possible by federal funding support and the partnerships that the City has built with key academic, police, and social service agencies. The ability to build relationships across sectors and facilitate a collaborative work environment are necessary skills in this role. The incumbent will be required to maintain and extend our existing partnerships to deliver the SAFE program and to support the execution of all aspects of the 11 initiatives under the SAFE Program model.
The Community Safety Coordinator will be a self-motivated and proactive team member with the ability to anticipate opportunities and challenges in program delivery and formulate solutions. The incumbent will be responsible for the operation of the Children and Youth At-Risk Table (CHART). The Coordinator will be responsible for organizing, attending and participating in weekly meetings of the CHART table and ensuring appropriate record keeping, compliance with the terms of reference for the Table and compliance with privacy legislation.
||To deliver effective project support for the Community Safety Team the incumbent will be required to:
• Research, develop and coordinate complex projects including meeting tight deadlines with multiple competing deliverables.
• Promote and support project development through community engagement, events, and development and dissemination of promotional materials.
• Support and facilitate workshops, meetings and outreach activities.
• Prepare and deliver presentations, evaluation materials and complex reports.
• Oversee program expenditures.
• Support the work of the Community Safety Team as required including oversight of program deliverables for other SAFE initiatives.
||The successful candidate will have the following education and experience:
• Diploma in a related discipline supplemented by a minimum of 5 years progressive related experience.
• An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
• Valid BC Driver’s License.
||Please apply online @ www.surrey.ca/careers to Job ID 2813.
||March 4, 2019 08:30 AM
||March 15, 2019 11:30 PM