|Engineer in Training Temporary Full-Time (from approx. July 1, 2019 to April 29, 2022)
||Township of Langley
This posting closed on
May 10, 2019
at 4:30 PM
||19-E008 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Join a “Community of Communities” – the Township of Langley, home to approximately 128,000 residents, is committed to providing progressive business, housing, and recreational opportunities, while balancing its unique mix of urban growth and rural beauty. A truly fun and beautiful place to work, the Township of Langley offers competitive salaries; excellent benefit packages; municipal pension plan; employee wellness programs; and, opportunities for professional development and career growth.
The Township of Langley is currently recruiting for a temporary full-time (starting on July 1, 2019 to approx. April 29, 2022) Engineer in Training to join our team of professionals in the Engineering Division. This position will have the opportunity to work across Engineering’s multiple departments including: Facilities, Public Works, Transportation, and Water Resources and Environment. This position will provide practical and progressive experience towards achievement of a Professional Engineer designation.
Key examples of work in this exempt position include:
• Prepare cost estimates and assist with budget preparation for capital projects
• Perform project management and contractor administration duties of capital and operating projects
• Complete in-house delivery of projects including surveying, drafting, and detailed engineering designs
• Prepare terms of reference for and request proposals from engineering consultants, evaluate the proposals, and award engineering assignments
• Prepare and review technical reports, assist in preparing reports to Council, and interpret Township bylaws, policies, standards and design criteria
• Communicate with consultants, contractors, Township crews, regulatory agencies, utility companies, and responding to inquiries from the public
Your education includes a recognized post-secondary bachelor degree in Engineering preferably supplemented with some experience in a Municipal or Civil Engineering environment. You possess strong oral, written and interpersonal communication skills, in addition to project management skills, and the ability to work in and foster a team environment. Extensive computer skills in system modelling, , visual presentations, and spreadsheets in addition to working knowledge of survey, AutoCAD/Civil 3D design principles, and the Master Municipal Construction Documents (MMCD) will be preferred.
In order to be considered for this position, candidates must have the following valid and current certifications/ licenses (must be valid at the time the posting closes) and these must be attached with your application. Applications without the attached required documents below will be deemed incomplete and will not be considered.
Please have these ready to upload when you apply:
• Supporting documents as an EIT or eligibility for designation as an EIT in the Province of BC
• BC Class 5 (full-privilege) driver’s license or equivalent driver’s license for where you reside. You must upload a current Driver’s Abstract (select the 5 years’ option if obtaining online) that has been obtained within 6 months of the closing date below with your application. To obtain a copy of your Driver’s Abstract, please contact ICBC directly or the driving authority where you reside. Copies or pictures of your driver’s license will not be accepted.
A competitive salary commensurate with experience and an excellent benefit package is available with this Exempt position. The hours of work are Monday to Friday 8:00am – 4:30pm.
If you wish to pursue this exciting opportunity in a growing community, please visit tol.ca/careers to apply.
The closing date for this competition is by 4:30pm, May 10, 2019.
We appreciate all applications; however only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
||Township of Langley
4th Floor Civic Facility
20338 65 Avenue
Langley, BC, V2Y 3J1
||April 24, 2019 08:30 AM
||May 10, 2019 04:30 PM