|Road Safety Engineer
||City of Surrey
||Help us achieve our vision of a Surrey where zero people are killed or seriously injured on its roads and where human life is valued above all else in the transportation network. As our lead Road Safety Engineer, you will be taking a senior role in helping the City implement our Vision Zero Surrey Safe Mobility Plan to establish safe roads for all users. The Plan was launched February of this year at BC’s first ever Vision Zero Summit which was hosted by the City of Surrey.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced traffic safety engineer to help shape one of the fastest growing cities in Canada and ensure that Surrey establishes road safety cultures, data collection systems, organizational structures, and partnerships to achieve its Vision Zero targets and objectives.
||Reporting to the Road Safety Manager, you as the Road Safety Engineer, will help lead the development and implementation of data driven road safety improvements and programs in alignment with the priorities identified in the Surrey Vision Zero Safe Mobility Plan (https://www.surrey.ca/city-services/28420.aspx). Responsibilities include:
• Leading the development and implementation of a comprehensive approach to traffic safety reviews and engineering countermeasures.
• Conducting detailed collision analysis, identifying problems and developing solutions using established and innovative data analytics strategies.
• Developing, monitoring and reporting on key performance indicators and targets.
• Supporting the City’s Vision Zero goals through the use of innovative technology solutions.
• Helping lead the preparation, development and review of the City’s road safety practices and strategies.
• Supporting the organization, promotion and administration of a wide range of road safety education programs to external stakeholders, including schools, educational establishments and the public.
• Supporting the Road Safety Manager in the fulfillment of the City’s statutory duties and the enforcement of legislation relating to all road safety and rights of way matters.
• Preparing reports, presentations, and responses to queries from Council, committee, and the public in a timely and helpful manner.
||You must also possess the following minimum qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, or a combination of related technical education and experience.
• 5 years’ related experience in road safety, including progressive accountability.
• Demonstrated project management skills in a complex environment.
• Knowledge of transportation planning and funding related to implementing new projects and initiatives.
• Ability to work collaboratively with a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders both technical and non-technical.
• Strong oral and written communication skills, excellent skills in delivering presentations to internal and external audiences.
• Commitment to working in alignment with the City’s values.
||We’re seeking an experienced traffic safety engineer with a genuine interest in developing safety initiatives that save lives. To be our successful candidate, you will:
• Be up to date with the latest road safety research and knowledgeable of safe system principles.
• Be analytical and understand the risks and countermeasures on all road types.
• Be able to coach and develop junior staff.
• Be able to build effective, collaborative working relationships.
• Have well developed research, analytical and technical skills.
• Have highly developed communication skills (written and oral).
||14245 - 56th Avenue
Surrey, British Columbia
V3X 3A2, Canada
||May 14, 2019 08:30 AM
||June 9, 2019 04:30 PM