|Trades II - Plumber
||Township of Langley
This posting closed on
June 10, 2019
at 4:30 PM
||19-U074 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||The Township of Langley is currently recruiting for a regular full-time Trades II - Plumber to join our team of professionals in the Engineering Division; Facilities Department.
Reporting to the Facilities Superintendent, you will be responsible in this unionized position for the maintenance, repair and installation of plumbing fixtures, water, drainage/waste, vent (DWV), irrigation, fire protection and site drainage systems in Township owned buildings, water system and sanitary system facilities, and/or grounds. You will perform maintenance and repair tasks on heating and ventilation equipment. You will exercise considerable independent judgement and action in dealing with technical work problems and the ability to work with minimal supervision. You will also be required to:
• Perform skilled plumbing tasks in installing piping, fitting, tanks and valves in water systems and hot water systems including mains and branches; and maintains and repairs plumbing, heating, ventilation, gas, fire protection and site drainage.
• Maintain adequate stock of parts, materials and equipment in the shop and service vehicles and requisitions same as required.
• Estimate materials required in the plumbing work as required.
• Use innovative techniques, best practices and materials to improve quality and workmanship, reduce costs and minimized life cycle costs.
• May assign, supervise and check the work of one or more less skilled subordinates or contractors engaged in plumbing repair, maintenance and installation tasks.
• Perform related facilities maintenance work as required.
Your education will include completion of Grade 12, supplemented by technical courses related to the work. Completion of a plumbing apprenticeship and considerable plumbing, gas fitting and/or watermain training and experience at the journeyman level. You will have thorough knowledge of standard methods, practices, materials, tools and equipment used in the plumbing and gas fitting trade. Will you have considerable knowledge of plumbing and gas fitting regulations and standards as well knowledge of the hazards and safety precautions of the trade. You will work from blueprints, sketches, rough drafts and follow oral instructions. You will use computer software applicable to the work and skill in the use and care of tools, materials and equipment used in the plumbing and gas fitting trade. HVAC systems, DDC control training, ASTTBC – The Fire Protection Certification for sprinkler systems or willingness to obtain such certificates would be considered an asset.
This position is defined by the Township of Langley as a position of trust (Child Safety). The successful candidate will be required to have a police information check as a condition of employment (Note - Not required as part of the application process, however will be required upon consideration for employment).
In order to be considered for this position, candidates must have the following valid and current certifications/ licenses (must be valid at the time the posting closes) and these must be attached with your application. Applications without the attached required documents below will be deemed incomplete and will not be considered. Please title your attachments with the number of this competition and have these documents ready to upload when you apply:
• British Columbia Certificate of Qualification as Journeyman Plumber, Plumbing Certificate & Gas Certificate for the Province of British Columbia.
• Certification or eligibility for certification as an A.W.W. A. Cross Connection Control (CCC) Tester.
• Valid Class 5 (full privilege) British Columbia Driver’s License (Your online application must include a current copy of your Driver’s Abstract (with a minimum 5 years’ driving history) that has been obtained within 6 months of the posting close date. To obtain a Driver’s Abstract, please contact ICBC directly).
• Enhanced Reliability Status required. (Note - Not required as part of the application process, however will be required upon consideration for employment).
The CUPE rate of pay for this position is $38.89 per hour (2019 rates) plus benefits. The hours of work are Monday to Friday 8:00am – 4:30pm.
If you wish to pursue this exciting career in a growing community, please visit tol.ca/careers to apply.
The closing date for this competition is by 4:30pm, June 24, 2019.
We appreciate all applications; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
||Township of Langley
4th Floor Civic Facility
20338 65 Avenue
Langley, BC, V2Y 3J1
||June 3, 2019 08:30 AM
||June 10, 2019 04:30 PM