|Lifeguard and Swim Instructor - Fall 2019
||City of Surrey
This posting closed on
June 21, 2019
at 11:30 PM
||The City of Surrey’s Recreation Division aims to build healthy communities where all people are active and engaged for life. As part of that commitment, we’re looking for Lifeguards / Swim Instructors to help ensure the community can enjoy our facilities in a safe and comfortable environment.
Click here to see what our lifeguards say about their rewarding career
This position encompasses both Lifeguarding and Swim Instructing. Our Lifeguards/Swim Instructors supervise the safety of swimmers in our facilities and provide exceptional customer service, high-quality learn-to-swim instruction and fun and interactive public swim programming. We are looking for responsible individuals who lead by example and:
• Are safety and customer focused.
• Value diversity and inclusion.
• Thrive in a team environment.
• Are motivated and adaptable.
• Are committed to continuous learning.
• Demonstrate initiative and integrity.
||• Develop and Teach high-quality swim lesson programs for all ages.
• Maintain accurate, up to date progress sheets and records for participants as well as completing evaluations.
• Performs lifeguarding functions, according to Provincial and Surrey's guidelines.
• Observe patrons in pool, enforce safety regulations, maintain order in the swimming and desk areas.
• Provide First Aid treatment.
• Engage with a diverse client base to provide exceptional service.
• Provide a clean and safe swimming environment.
• Demonstrates appropriate behaviours in line with our City Values.
• You may be required to perform water tests to ensure adequate water quality and will occasionally work with Chlorine and other chemicals related to pool operations.
||• Completion of Grade 12 or currently enrolled in High School.
• Formal Lifeguard and Swim Instructor training.
• Current Certificates in the following:
o Water Safety Instructor
o National Lifeguard Service - Pool Option
o Standard First Aid with CPR C and AED
• Available evenings and Full Weekend availability.
• Candidates must successfully complete a rigorous screening process, including:
o Physical standards
o First aid diagnostic and treatment
o Lifeguard standards
o Water safety instructing skill
Certificates MUST be VALID at the time of application. Certificates (WSI, NL, SFA with CPR C and AED) MUST be uploaded at the time of application.
||June 4, 2019 08:30 AM
||June 21, 2019 11:30 PM