|Communications Coordinator - Surrey Art Gallery
||City of Surrey
||2985 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Parks, Recreation and Culture
||We are seeking a Communications Coordinator to join the Surrey Art Gallery. Internationally recognized for its award-winning programs, Surrey Art Gallery is the second largest public art museum in the Metro Vancouver region. The Gallery's mission is to engage the public in an ongoing dialogue about issues and ideas that affect our numerous communities, as expressed through contemporary art. It has excelled in providing relevant and meaningful opportunities to interact with artists and the artistic process and is well regarded for its ongoing support for digital art practices.
||As the Communications Coordinator, you will be overseeing the marketing and communications efforts of the Surrey Art Gallery and the City’s Public Art Program. You’ll be responsible for:
• Coordinating, writing, and maintaining marketing and communications content for print, web, and social media.
• Liaising with stakeholders including artists, designers, printers, media, and staff to produce marketing materials on time and on budget.
• Ensuring all marketing materials are up to date and on brand.
• Maintaining and updating the Gallery’s web content on surrey.ca.
• Planning, developing and implementing digital content for the Gallery’s social media channels.
• Developing and maintaining marketing plan and budget.
• Staying current with marketing and communications strategies and advising staff of updates and procedures.
||• Completion of a diploma in Communications or a related field from a post-secondary institution plus a minimum of three years related experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Be a strong communicator with experience working with a variety of mediums, including print, web and social media.
• You have a knack for multi-tasking concurrent projects while still having an eye for detail.
• Knowledge of communication and marketing principles, practices, methods, and techniques related to the work.
• Knowledge of media channels and principles related to each medium.
• Knowledge of writing, editing, and layout principles and techniques.
• Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
• Ability to establish and maintain strong working relationships.
• Ability to prioritize and organize work in a deadline-driven context.
• Preferred candidates will demonstrate a curiosity about culture and will have excellent computer and social media skills.
||June 10, 2019 08:30 AM
||July 1, 2019 04:30 PM