|Ceramics Programs Instructor
||City of Surrey
||2984 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Parks, Recreation and Culture
||Surrey Art Gallery is seeking an experienced Ceramic Programs Instructor. This creative and detail-oriented position is responsible for carrying out a variety of instructional and administrative duties related to developing, facilitating, and implementing recreational clay courses for youth and adults. Surrey Art Gallery is one of Canada’s most vibrant visual arts institutions, with a longstanding commitment to support the production and presentation of visual arts. Our ceramics studio has 14 electric wheels, 1 kick wheel, 3 kilns, and a number of other pieces of studio equipment.
||• Challenge our ongoing youth and adult pottery students with new creative and technical processes.
• Support the learning of youth in youth-at-risk programs.
• Demonstrate skills and engage the public at offsite public engagement events.
• Provide a safe and fun environment for all students.
• Create lesson plans and instruct participants with a wide range of skill levels.
||The successful applicant will have:
• post-secondary education in ceramics;
• at least two years’ teaching experience building positive, respectful, and supportive relationships with students, colleagues, and other service providers in the community (or equivalent experience);
• a strong understanding of ceramic processes and principles, and be familiar with teaching a range of throwing and hand building techniques
• working in a dynamic environment, you will utilize your knowledge and experience in art education theories and practices;
• effective problem-solving, administrative, and organizational skills,
• the ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a team
• Emergency First Aid with CPR certification
• Physical coordination and stamina necessary to carry out the duties of the role
||June 10, 2019 08:30 AM
||July 1, 2019 04:30 PM