|Animal Health Technician
||City of Surrey
This posting closed on
July 10, 2019
at 11:59 PM
||3009 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Surrey Animal Resource Centre
||The Corporate Services Division has a regular full-time job opportunity at the Surrey Animal Resource Centre for an Animal Health Technician. As the Animal Health Technician you will be responsible for the overall basic health and care for a variety of species and will be responsible for evaluating and determining treatment plans for them. You are someone who has a keen interest in animals, provides excellent customer service, and enjoys working in a team environment.
||• Examine animals for a variety of reasons including but not limited to general health, vaccinations, flea control, medicine requirements and dietary needs.
• Determine treatment plan and administers appropriate medicines.
• Liaise with veterinarians and external agencies to ensure appropriate treatment and follow up.
• Provide information and responds to internal and external inquiries.
||• Completion of a diploma in Animal Health Technology and a minimum of two years related experience.
• An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
• Valid BC Driver’s License with safe driving history.
||You will possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
• Knowledge of principles, policies, procedures, rules and regulations related to the work and methods and techniques of animal health care.
• Ability to examine animals for a variety of reasons and the ability to identify medical conditions, diseases and injuries in animals.
• Ability to allocate appropriate housing for animals.
• Ability to understand and carry out tasks according to direction provided as well as recommend new procedures related to the work.
• Ability to work under minimal supervision.
• Ability to move heavy objects and animals.
||June 20, 2019 08:30 AM
||July 10, 2019 11:59 PM