|Before and After School Care Staff
||City of Surrey
This posting closed on
July 4, 2019
at 4:30 PM
||Spend the school year creating positive recreation experiences for children and youth!
As part of the Community & Recreation Services Division, you’ll be working in a fast-paced, creative environment focused on delivering active, safe programs for kids and youth to develop their skills, while meeting new friends. The City of Surrey is a HIGH FIVE® registered organization. We are committed to ensuring that every child in our programs has a positive recreation experience. Our Before and After Care programs incorporate outdoor play, engaging activities, a fun atmosphere, and a great place for children to spend their time before and after the school day.
If you think you fit the bill, we want to hear from you about one of the exciting opportunities we have. Don’t forget to tell us about your relevant certificates, experience and skills in your application!
||• Delivering developmentally appropriate activities in small and large groups for children attending the Before and After Care Program.
• Creating a welcoming environment.
• Working to build positive connections with children and families.
• We’re looking for enthusiastic individuals who enjoy working with children and youth, and are:
o Flexible and are able to quickly adapt to new environments and situations.
o Creative and passionate about play.
o Strong team players, focused on providing great customer service.
o Self-motivated and can take initiative with little supervision.
o Great communicators with the ability to work with people of all ages.
o Highly organized.
||• Completed Grade 12.
• Current Emergency First Aid and CPR certificate.
• Previous experience working with children.
• Experience working in a recreation setting.
• To qualify for employment in a community care facility as a responsible adult, a person must: Responsible adults (29). Before and after School Care is a Licensed program and the following are requirements of the position as per the Community Care and Assisted Living Act – Child Care Licensing Regulation:
o Be at least 19 years of age;
o Be able to provide care and mature guidance to children;
o Have completed a course, or a combination of courses, of at least 20 hours duration in child development, guidance, health and safety, or nutrition, and;
o Have relevant work experience.
||14245 - 56th Avenue
Surrey, British Columbia
V3X 3A2, Canada
||June 21, 2019 08:30 AM
||July 4, 2019 04:30 PM