||Township of Langley
This posting closed on
July 29, 2019
at 4:30 PM
||19-B032 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Join a “Community of Communities” – the Township of Langley, home to approximately 128,000 residents, is committed to providing progressive business, housing, and recreational opportunities, while balancing its unique mix of urban growth and rural beauty. A truly fun and beautiful place to work, the Township of Langley offers competitive salaries; excellent benefit packages; municipal pension plan; employee wellness programs; and, opportunities for professional development and career growth.
The Township of Langley is currently recruiting for up to 3 temporary full-time Labourers (from approx. August 6, 2019 to approx. December 24, 2019) to join our team of professionals in the Engineering Division, Utilities Operations Department.
Reporting to the Utilities Operations Manager, in this unionized position you will have sound knowledge of the methods, materials, tools and equipment applicable to various functional areas of utilities construction and maintenance work. The successful candidate will have sufficient physical strength, stamina and coordination to permit the performance of heavy manual outdoor work in all weather conditions.
Exercising some independent judgment and initiative, you will be responsible for:
• Performing a variety of semi-skilled tasks in the operation and maintenance of facilities. The work may include pressure washing, window cleaning, painting, moving and assembling furniture, minor construction and demolition, heavy lifting, facility cleaning other general duties.
• Assisting with unidirectional flushing, meter reading, hydrant servicing and exercising and painting, valve exercising and vegetation control.
• Assisting with wet well cleaning, air valve and blowdown maintenance, valve exercising, sewage sampling and vegetation control.
• Driving a pick-up truck to transport materials and tools to job sites.
• Performing other related work as required.
Your education will include completion of Grade 10, some experience in construction and maintenance, or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
In order to be considered for this position, candidates must have the following valid and current certifications / licenses (must be valid at the time the posting closes) and these must be attached with your application. Applications without the attached required documents below will be deemed incomplete and will not be considered. Please title your attachments with the number of this competition and have these documents ready to upload when you apply:
• BC Class 5 (full-privilege) driver’s license or equivalent driver’s license for where you reside. You must upload a current Driver’s Abstract (select the 5 years’ option if obtaining online) that has been obtained within 6 months of the closing date below with your application. To obtain a copy of your Driver’s Abstract, please contact ICBC directly or the driving authority where you reside. Copies or pictures of your driver’s license will not be accepted.
The CUPE rate of pay for this position is $28.56 per hour (2019 rates), plus 13% in lieu of benefits. The hours of work are Monday to Friday 8:00am – 4:30pm.
If you wish to pursue this exciting career in a growing community, please visit tol.ca/careers to apply.
The closing date for this competition is by 4:30pm, July 29, 2019.
We appreciate all applications; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
||Township of Langley
4th Floor Civic Facility
20338 65 Avenue
Langley, BC, V2Y 3J1
||July 15, 2019 08:30 AM
||July 29, 2019 04:30 PM