|Administration Clerk (Full-Time)
||Fraser Valley Regional District
This posting closed on
October 4, 2019
at 4:30 PM
||2019-42 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||We are the third largest regional district in BC and deliver over 100 services to six municipalities and eight electoral areas. Our region covers more than 13,000 km2 stretching from the City of Abbotsford to Boston Bar. In short, we have a little bit of everything. If you have a keen eye for attention to detail, and enjoy providing excellent customer service, than you should check us out.
||As an Administration Clerk at the Fraser Valley Regional District, a typical day could see you performing a variety of duties including processing, managing and maintaining corporate records; electronically filing corporate documents and legal instruments; providing user support and staff training related to records management; providing administrative support for Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act requests; and providing relief for our reception team.
We offer a positive, supportive, team-based work environment with an emphasis on collaboration. We believe in lifelong learning, and are committed to providing and supporting training and professional development opportunities for our staff. If you have a positive, can do attitude and a keen sense of humour, you will fit right in.
||• Post-secondary education preferably in Public Administration, Business Administration or related discipline with courses in records management and freedom of information and protection of privacy or an acceptable combination of education and work experience in local government;
||• Knowledge of the Regional District mandate and an understanding of how the corporation functions on an integrated basis;
• Knowledge or the ability to acquire knowledge of the Local Government Ac, Community Charter, Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, and other pertinent legislation;
• Experience processing corporate documents and or the ability to quickly acquire that ability;
• Excellent computer skills, with a high level of proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, and knowledge of electronic filing software;
• Working knowledge or the ability to quickly acquire knowledge of records management;
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, which includes the ability to express thoughts and ideas clearly, and write in a clear and concise manner;
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, stakeholders, and the general public;
• Must possess a valid Driver’s Licence.
||The wage rate for this full-time bargaining unit position is $24.17 per hour plus a comprehensive benefit package. Upon successful completion of the required six month probationary period the wage will increase to $28.43 per hour.
||If this opportunity excites you, and you want to contribute to a positive work environment, we want to hear from you. Please submit your resume, along with a cover letter, indicating how you meet the qualifications. Please quote Competition #2019-42, and send in confidence, by 4:30 p.m. on October 4, 2019 to:
firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to:
Fraser Valley Regional District
Human Resources Department
45950 Cheam Avenue
Chilliwack, BC V2P 1N6
or fax confidentially to: 604-702-5461
While we greatly appreciate all applicants for their interest, regretfully only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
||45950 Cheam Avenue
||September 17, 2019 08:30 AM
||October 4, 2019 04:30 PM