|Clerical Relief Pool - Auxiliary
||Township of Langley
This posting closed on
December 20, 2019
at 4:30 PM
||19-B036 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Join a “Community of Communities” – the Township of Langley, home to over 128,000 residents, is committed to providing progressive business, housing, and recreational opportunities, while balancing its unique mix of urban growth and rural beauty. A truly fun and beautiful place to work, the Township of Langley offers competitive salaries; excellent benefit packages; municipal pension plan; employee wellness programs; and, opportunities for professional development and career growth.
The Township of Langley seeks applicants on an ongoing basis to augment auxiliary positions in the Clerical Relief Pool for working on an on-call as needed basis.
Reporting to the Department Manager, in this unionized position you will provide clerical relief and coverage to Divisions/Departments in order to meet departmental work overload and short-term relief demands. You will be required to provide clerical relief work for the following Divisions within the Township: Engineering, Community Development, Corporate Administration and Finance.
The job classifications you will be required to perform as a Clerical Relief Pool employee are under Schedule “A” (Inside Division) of the Collective Agreement and may include the following positions:
• Clerk I/Clerk Typist I (Pay Grade 11) $21.66 - $25.31 per hour (5 steps, 2019 rates); $22.09 - $25.82 per hour (5 steps, 2020 rates)
• Clerk II / Clerk Typist II (Pay Grade 13) $23.44 - $27.45 per hour (5 steps - 2019 rates); $23.91 - $28.00 per hour (5 steps, 2020 rates)
In order to qualify to work as a Clerical Relief Pool employee, you must have the following qualifications:
• Grade 12 including or supplemented by commercial courses (or equivalent)
• Net typing speed of 35 wpm
• Proficient in word processing (Word and Excel)
• Ability to operate common office equipment and computers related to the position
• A minimum of 1 years clerical, receptionist, secretarial, cashier, and mail room experience in an office environment
• Must have flexibility in your availability to work as needed for on-call shifts with short notice periods
• Must be able to work in a variety of different Divisions / Departments
• Strong customer service skills
• Must be available to work various shifts – usually from 8:30am to 4:30pm, Monday to Friday
Candidates that are short listed for the Clerical Relief Pool will be requested to demonstrate their typing, computer proficiency and business correspondence.
The rate of pay for these CUPE positions are noted above, plus 13% in lieu of all benefits.
The closing date for this competition is by 4:30pm, December 20, 2019
If you wish to pursue this exciting career in a growing community, please apply now.
Ongoing auxiliary opportunities are shortlisted and filled on an as-needed basis only.
We appreciate all applications; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
||Township of Langley
4th Floor Civic Facility
20338 65 Avenue
Langley, BC, V2Y 3J1
||October 1, 2019 08:30 AM
||December 20, 2019 04:30 PM