|Parks, Trails and Horticulture Technician
||Village of Harrison Hot Springs
This posting closed on
November 22, 2019
at 4:00 PM
||The Village of Harrison Hot Springs is seeking a full-time permanent Parks, Trails and Horticulture Technician with the Public Works Department.
Under the direct supervision of the Public Works Foreman, the incumbent in this position shall be responsible for all Horticultural work performed in the Public Works Department. The incumbent shall be responsible for ensuring the efficient maintenance, planting and care of Municipal Parks, Trails and Horticulture. The incumbent will be able to work independently with minimal supervision and be able to direct staff who are assigned to assist the incumbent with their duties. The incumbent shall be knowledgeable in budgetary requirements and able to perform related administrative duties.
• Can, direct and work with employees assigned to assist the incumbent in all phases of work
including landscaping, planting, grading, tree cutting and trimming, grass and lawn mowing,
• Under the direction of the Public Works Foreman, plans and schedules projects and ensures
that they are completed in an efficient, effective and economical manner
• Responsible for ensuring all work is done safely and complies with WorkSafeBC regulations and
Village Occupational Health and Safety guidelines in their area
• Performs administrative duties such as issuing work orders, ensuring inventory levels and
maintaining other related records
• Must be able to work closely and collaboratively with the Public Works Foreman when
consulting and making recommendations to, the Public Works Foreman, for work in their area.
• Performs regular inspections and maintenance of playground equipment
• Other related duties as assigned
||• Minimum Grade 12 education
• Supplemented by a Certificate or diploma in Horticulture
• Certificate for Canadian Playground Equipment Inspection
• Certified in the application of herbicides and pesticides
• Tree risk assessment training
• WHIMIS training
• Valid Class 5 Driver’s License
||• Minimum 5 years of related experience in Horticulture, Landscaping and Parks maintenance
||Current wage rate is $30.92 (2019)
||Hours of work will consist of 37.5 hours per week with occasional overtime and flexible hours, as required. Shifts will be any 5 of 7 and may include weekends.
495 Hot Springs Road
Harrison Hot Springs, BC V0M 1K0
||November 4, 2019 08:30 AM
||November 22, 2019 04:00 PM
|*Applications may be mailed or emailed.