|Bylaw Enforcement Officer - Auxiliary
||Township of Langley
This posting closed on
December 2, 2019
at 4:30 PM
||19-B040 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Join a “Community of Communities” – the Township of Langley, home to approximately 128,000 residents, is committed to providing progressive business, housing, and recreational opportunities, while balancing its unique mix of urban growth and rural beauty. A truly fun and beautiful place to work, the Township of Langley offers competitive salaries; excellent benefit packages; municipal pension plan; employee wellness programs; and, opportunities for professional development and career growth.
The Township of Langley is currently recruiting for an auxiliary Bylaw Enforcement Officer to join our team of professionals in the Community Development Division, Bylaw Enforcement Department.
Reporting to the Manager, Bylaw Enforcement, in this unionized position you will be responsible for:
• Responding to inquiries and interpreting bylaws and regulations to the public
• Performing a variety of inspections and regulatory investigational work related to municipal bylaws
• Investigating and enforcing a variety of bylaw contraventions
• Gathering sufficient evidence to support enforcement and/or charges
• Providing an excellent level of customer service with the ability to deal with confrontation matters with tact and diplomacy
As a successful candidate you will possess the following qualifications:
• Grade 12 diploma
• Ability to pass a Police Information Check (PIC) upon consideration for employment
• A combination of experience and training with field investigation and rules of evidence
• Experience in extensive public relations contact which requires the exercise of sound judgement, independence of action, within a considerable degree of tact and diplomacy
• Sound knowledge of municipal bylaws, regulations and applicable provincial statutes as well as knowledge of court and adjudication procedures and legality of various types of evidence.
• Valid BC Class 5 (full-privilege) driver’s license or equivalent driver’s license for where you reside.
In order to be considered for this position, candidates must upload a current Driver’s Abstract (select the 5 years’ option if obtaining online) that has been obtained within 6 months of the closing date below with your application. To obtain a copy of your Driver’s Abstract, please contact ICBC directly or the driving authority where you reside. Copies or pictures of your driver’s license will not be accepted.
In order to be considered for this position, candidates must be available to work any day of the week, including weekends, as shifts vary.
The rate of pay for this CUPE position is $32.90 - $38.73 per hour (5 steps; 2020 rates) plus 13% in lieu of benefits.
If you wish to pursue this exciting career in a growing community, please visit tol.ca/careers to apply.
The closing date for this competition is by 4:30pm, December 2, 2019.
We appreciate all applications; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
||Township of Langley
4th Floor Civic Facility
20338 65 Avenue
Langley, BC, V2Y 3J1
||November 18, 2019 08:30 AM
||December 2, 2019 04:30 PM