|Community Service Assistant 5 – Park Partnerships
||City of Surrey
This posting closed on
December 2, 2019
at 4:30 PM
||3283 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Parks, Recreation and Culture
||Do you want to create meaningful community partnerships? Do you believe volunteerism plays an important role in helping develop great communities? If this sounds like you, we want you on our team.
As a Community Services Assistant 5 with Park Partnerships, you will be involved with the development and on-going delivery of Parks Programs. You will work closely with the Park Operations Coordinator in recruiting, training and supervising Park Play staff and volunteers. Also, you will play a key role in the planning and delivery of Parks special events. In this exciting position you will have the opportunity to be involved with community development initiatives and will assist in developing meaningful connections with the Surrey community. You are an innovative person with the ability to create, develop and deliver an array of parks programs and events.
||You will have:
• excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
• experience in preparing written materials, creation of program and event documents, scheduling of staff
• experience in assisting in the coordination of special initiatives and preparing related procedures and reports
• creativity and the ability to work independently
The job requires occasional physical work and some exposure to changing environments. The position will require a flexible work schedule, available to work evenings and weekends.
||• Completion of Grade 12 supplemented by a degree/diploma in recreation or a related field from a recognized post-secondary institution
• 2 years progressively responsible experience in community service work or area of specialty, including supervision, or an equivalent acceptable combination of training and experience.
• A valid BC Driver’s License with a safe driving history
• Occupational First Aid Level One Certificate or acceptable equivalent.
Applicants under consideration will be required to consent to a Police Information Check/Vulnerable Sector Check.
||Please apply online @ www.surrey.ca/careers.
||November 19, 2019 08:30 AM
||December 2, 2019 04:30 PM