|Community Services Coordinator 1 - Park Partnerships
||City of Surrey
This posting closed on
December 2, 2019
at 4:30 PM
||3287 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Parks, Recreation and Culture
||This is a professional level of work related to supporting the development and growth of Park Partnerships, City-wide. Working within the Landscape Operations & Park Partnerships Section, the Community Services Coordinator’s responsibilities include working with diverse community partners, planning and promoting community park events and activities, liaising with community groups planning events in public parks, and coordinating agreements with community garden groups.
• Exercises a significant degree of judgement and initiative within established guidelines under general direction of the Park Operations Coordinator – Park Partnerships.
• Coordinates and supervises staff who assist with volunteers, community park special events, programs and activities.
• Responds to inquiries from the public and internal departments.
• Liaises with public, staff, and contractors in the development of Park Partnership programs and activities.
• Graduated from a recognized University or College level program with 3 years of progressively responsible experience, including supervision. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
• Strong interpersonal skills and leadership ability
• The ability to organize and prioritize high-demand
and detailed work
• Detail-orientated focus, with ability to develop and maintain accurate records
• Strong knowledge of park facilities and related use
• 35 hours a week. The position will require a flexible work schedule, available to work occasional evenings and weekends.
Applicants under consideration will be required to consent to a Police Information Check/Vulnerable Sector Check.
||Please apply online @ www.surrey.ca/careers to Job ID 3287.
||November 19, 2019 08:30 AM
||December 2, 2019 04:30 PM