|Parks Labourer - Urban Forestry
||City of Surrey
This posting closed on
January 13, 2020
at 4:30 PM
||3317 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Parks, Recreation and Culture
||We are looking for motivated and hardworking labourers who are interested in gaining valuable career experience from a wide variety of urban forestry and habitat restoration field-based work. The Urban Forestry – Natural Areas team provides exciting opportunities and challenges in an active and energetic environment.
||• Working in natural area parks throughout Surrey on a field-based crew under the supervision of senior staff.
• Completing a variety of manual and semi-skilled general labour tasks including:
o invasive plant removal,
o planting native trees and shrubs
o planting maintenance (weeding/brushing/mulching)
o refuse and yard waste removal
o tree debris clean-up
• Completing heavy physical work in all weather conditions, requiring sufficient physical strength, stamina and coordination.
• Interacting with the public in a professional manner.
• Completed grade 12 or equivalent.
• A valid, unrestricted BC Driver’s license with a safe driving record.
• Experience performing manual labour.
• Experience with power tools (brush saw, hedge trimmer, backpack blowers).
• Demonstrated ability to identify native and invasive plants.
• Strong public relations, communication and interpersonal skills
||If you are interested in this opportunity please apply at Surrey.ca/careers to Job ID 3317. Posting will remain open until January 13, 2020.
||December 2, 2019 08:30 AM
||January 13, 2020 04:30 PM