||Township of Langley
This posting closed on
January 13, 2020
at 4:30 PM
||20-U004 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
Join a “Community of Communities” – the Township of Langley, home to approximately 128,000 residents, is committed to providing progressive business, housing, and recreational opportunities, while balancing its unique mix of urban growth and rural beauty. A truly fun and beautiful place to work, the Township of Langley offers competitive salaries; excellent benefit packages; municipal pension plan; employee wellness programs; and, opportunities for professional development and career growth.
The Township of Langley is currently recruiting for a regular full-time Records Clerk to join our team of professionals in the Protective Services - RCMP Division, Records Section. Reporting to the Records Coordinator - RCMP, in this unionized position you will be responsible for a variety of tasks relative to the verification and maintenance of information processed.
• Review of new occurrence files in PRIME to determine the circumstances surrounding, nature of occurrence and the appropriate processing method
• Determine which offences are reportable to Statistics Canada
• Verify validity and completeness of codes entered by other detachment staff in accordance with prescribed rules
• Add or modify UCR scores as required
• Establish the files that can be concluded and transfer same to the PRIME database
• Review files entered in CPIC for adherence to operational reporting system rules and regulations, and, as required, refer files to CPIC operators for updating on CPIC
• Grade 12 supplemented by commercial courses, OSR/UCR scoring, PRIME computer terminal operator’s courses, plus sound related experience preferably in the Police Department; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
• Ability to type a minimum of 35 words per minute
• Enhanced reliability status is required. (Note - Not required as part of the application process, however will be required upon consideration for employment).
The CUPE rate of pay for this position is $25.82 - $30.33 per hour (5 steps, 2020 rates) plus benefits. The hours of work are Monday to Friday 8:00am – 5:00pm and is an eight (8) hour day with rotational shifts; non-standard hours and or non-standard work week.
If you wish to pursue this exciting career in a growing community, please visit tol.ca/careers to apply.
Internal closing date for this competition: 4:30pm, January 10, 2020
External closing date for this competition: 4:30pm, January 13, 2020
We appreciate all applications; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
||Township of Langley
4th Floor Civic Facility
20338 65 Avenue
Langley, BC, V2Y 3J1
||January 2, 2020 08:30 AM
||January 13, 2020 04:30 PM