|Support Clerk (Bylaws)
||Township of Langley
This posting closed on
January 13, 2020
at 4:30 PM
||20-U005 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Join a “Community of Communities” – the Township of Langley, home to approximately 128,000 residents, is committed to providing progressive business, housing, and recreational opportunities, while balancing its unique mix of urban growth and rural beauty. A truly fun and beautiful place to work, the Township of Langley offers competitive salaries; excellent benefit packages; municipal pension plan; employee wellness programs; and, opportunities for professional development and career growth.
The Township of Langley is currently recruiting for a temporary full-time (from approx. February 3, 2020 to approx. March 19, 2021) Support Clerk, to join our team of professionals in the Community Development Division, Business Support Department. Reporting to the Manager, Community Development Business Support, this position will be working in the Bylaw Enforcement Department.
Receive and process bylaw infraction complaints, obtain and record pertinent data such as names, addresses, nature of violation and license plate numbers
Assemble files and distribute reports to bylaw enforcement staff for further action
Maintain and update a variety of computer and manual files, have good typing skills, and a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office
• Completion of Grade 12, preferably including or supplemented by commercial and accounting courses
• Considerable related experience preferably in a municipal department or an equivalent combination of training and experience is necessary
• Sound knowledge of business English, spelling, arithmetic, and proper vocabulary is critical
• Knowledge of recordkeeping, billing, indexing, and related clerical functions
• Ability to deal effectively with the public, other employees, and subordinates in processing a variety of enquiries, complaints and related matters is required
The CUPE rate of pay for this position is $25.82 - $30.33 per hour (5 steps, 2020 rates), plus 13% in lieu of benefits. The hours of work are Monday to Friday; 7 hours per day between 8:00am – 4:30pm.
If you wish to pursue this exciting career in a growing community, please visit tol.ca/careers to apply.
Internal closing date for this competition: 4:30pm, January 13, 2020
External closing date for this competition: 4:30pm, January 13, 2020
We appreciate all applications; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
||Township of Langley
4th Floor Civic Facility
20338 65 Avenue
Langley, BC, V2Y 3J1
||January 3, 2020 08:30 AM
||January 13, 2020 04:30 PM