|Administrative/Clerical Relief Pool (Auxiliary)
||District of Mission
This posting closed on
February 3, 2020
at 4:30 PM
||2020-03 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||The District of Mission is seeking experienced, self-motivated individuals to provide relief administrative / clerical coverage on a casual, on-call basis. Auxiliary relief pool employees will cover for illness or vacation of permanent District employees and will assist with special projects and assignments in a variety of settings and departments.
||Responsibilities vary significantly based on assignment and may include:
• Providing a broad range of administrative and clerical support including drafting and processing correspondence, conducting basic research and data entry;
• Scheduling and maintaining calendars using Microsoft Outlook;
• Providing a variety of information to internal and external contacts via email, over the phone, and in person;
• Preparing and maintaining various manual and computer based records, reports, purchase orders, invoices, receipts, forms and files;
• Creating, editing and formatting documents;
• Operating office equipment and computer hardware and software programs; and
• Other duties as required by the specific assignment.
||As the ideal candidate, you will have recognized training in administrative skills along with a minimum of two years’ experience working in a demanding, multi-tasking office.
||You will have excellent organizational skills; the ability to problem-solve; work independently and you will possess excellent verbal and written communication skills. You will also be a proficient user of a variety of computer software including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint), electronic document management systems, and have the ability to accurately type a minimum of 60 wpm. Selected candidates will undergo testing.
||The wage rate will vary between $26.30 to $32.22 per hour plus 4.4% in lieu of benefits. The hours of work will vary based on the relief assignment.
||This position requires the flexibility to work with minimal notice and the flexibility to undertake assignments of varying durations depending on operational need. If this auxiliary relief position is for you, please apply via the Careers page on our website www.mission.ca/careers (Job ID 2020-03) by Monday, February 3, 2020.
||8645 Stave Lake Street, Box 20
Mission BC V2V 4L9
||January 10, 2020 08:30 AM
||February 3, 2020 04:30 PM
|*We thank all interested candidates; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.