|Planning Technician (Full Time)-Up to 2 Positions
||Fraser Valley Regional District
This posting closed on
February 7, 2020
at 4:30 PM
||2020-06 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Electoral Area Planning and Development
||We are the third largest regional district in BC. With six municipalities and eight electoral areas, we have cities, towns and small rural communities. Our topography is as varied as it is vast. We have mountains, valleys, rivers, farmland, and canyons. In short, we have a little bit of everything. If you believe variety is the spice of life, then you should check us out.
||As a Planning Technician at the FVRD, a typical week could see you responding to inquiries from homeowners, contractors or developers; processing development applications and preparing permits; assisting in the technical analysis of development proposals and preparation of bylaw amendments; and preparing correspondence and reports. We are looking for a people-oriented Planning Technician interested in the big picture, as well as the small details. Critical thinking, strong communication skills and lots of initiative will serve you well in this position.
We offer a positive, supportive, team-based work environment with an emphasis on collaboration. We believe in lifelong learning and are committed to providing and supporting training and professional development opportunities for our staff. If you have a positive, can-do attitude and a keen sense of humour, you will fit right in. Bring your positive energy, ambition and desire to learn, and we’ll take care of the rest.
||• A degree in planning, geography, or a related discipline plus courses completed in survey techniques, GIS, map interpretation, map compilation, graphics and statistical analysis, or an equivalent combination of education/experience;
||• Working knowledge of standard planning, building, and engineering nomenclature, practices and methods;
• Familiarity with all types of maps, air photographs (stereoscopy) and map catalogues;
• Excellent computer skills, with a high level of proficiency with Microsoft Office including Power Point and the ability to acquire a sound knowledge of GIS and electronic filing software;
• Ability to read and interpret engineering, architectural and site plans and understand specifications;
• Must acquire a sound knowledge of FVRD Planning legislation, Provincial statutes and regulations and local geography;
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to express thoughts and ideas clearly, and converse with a wide range of people including technical consultants, elected officials, staff and the general public to provide advice, make recommendations and effective presentations;
• Must be in possession of a valid Driver’s Licence.
||The wage rate for this bargaining unit position is $30.62 per hour plus a comprehensive benefits package. Upon successful completion of the required six month probationary period the wage rate will increase to $36.02 per hour.
||If this opportunity excites you, and you want to contribute to a positive work environment, we want to hear from you. Please submit your resume, along with a cover letter, indicating how you meet the qualifications. Please quote Competition #2020-06 and send in confidence, by 4:30 p.m. on February 7, 2020 to:
firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to:
Human Resources Department
Fraser Valley Regional District
45950 Cheam Avenue
Chilliwack, BC V2P 1N6
While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, only those candidates under consideration will be contacted.
||45950 Cheam Avenue
||January 14, 2020 08:30 AM
||February 7, 2020 04:30 PM