|Building Inspector - Regular Full-Time
||Township of Langley
This posting closed on
January 29, 2020
at 4:30 PM
||20-U014 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Permit, Licence and Inspection Services
||Join a “Community of Communities” – the Township of Langley, home to approximately 128,000 residents, is committed to providing progressive business, housing, and recreational opportunities, while balancing its unique mix of urban growth and rural beauty. A truly fun and beautiful place to work, the Township of Langley offers competitive salaries; excellent benefit packages; municipal pension plan; employee wellness programs; and, opportunities for professional development and career growth.
The Township of Langley is currently recruiting for a Regular Full-Time Building Inspector to join our team of professionals in the Community Development Division, Permit, Licence and Inspection Services Department. Reporting to the Manager, Permits Licensing and Inspection Services, in this unionized position you will be responsible for performing regulatory work including inspections of ongoing construction and property to ensure conformance to bylaws, codes and standards.
• Inspect residential, commercial, industrial and institutional structures at various stages of construction
• Examine and review building plans, drawings and applicable documentation to ensure adequacy and conformance to bylaws, building and plumbing codes and standards
• Approve or reject work inspected and enforce changes and corrections as required
• Issue permits for all types of construction and structures where compliance with Township Bylaws, applicable codes and regulations have been met
• Provide input and retrieval of information from our computer system for the issuance of permits and the performance of inspections
• Graduation from a technical institute in Building Technology or a related subject; or completion of a recognized trades apprenticeship plus completion of code related courses; supplemented by certification as a Building Official 1 (BOABC); and considerable related experience in municipal plan checking and/or the building construction industry; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
• Thorough knowledge of the B.C. Building Code, Plumbing Code, and Municipal Bylaws, construction practices, policies and procedures
• Ability to interpret plans, specifications and related material and communicate effectively to provide the required information to the public, professionals, and other staff
• Computer literacy and excellent interpersonal skills are essential in this role
• Certification as a Building Official Level 2 or 3 is preferred and Plumbing Official Level 1 will be considered an asset
• Minimum of one-year experience in plumbing inspections will be considered an asset
In order to be considered for this position, candidates must have the following valid and current certifications/licenses (must be valid at the time the posting closes) and these must be attached with your application. Applications without the attached required documents below will be deemed incomplete and will not be considered. Please title your attachments with the number of this competition and have these documents ready to upload when you apply:
• BC Class 5 (full-privilege) driver’s license or equivalent driver’s license for where you reside. You must include with your application a current Personal Driver’s Record (select the 5 years’ option if obtaining online) that has been obtained within 6 months of the closing date. To obtain a copy of your Personal Driving Record, please contact ICBC directly or the driving authority where you reside. Please note that a copy of your Driver’s Licence and the Drivers Factor Report will not be accepted.
The CUPE rate of pay for this position is $40.35 – $47.69 per hour (5 steps, 2020 rates) plus benefits. The hours of work are Monday to Friday 8:30am – 4:30pm.
If you wish to pursue this exciting career in a growing community, please visit tol.ca/careers to apply.
Internal closing date for this competition: 4:30pm, January 23, 2020
External closing date for this competition: 4:30pm, January 29, 2020
We appreciate all applications; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
||Township of Langley
4th Floor Civic Facility
20338 65 Avenue
Langley, BC, V2Y 3J1
||January 15, 2020 08:30 AM
||January 29, 2020 04:30 PM