||Township of Langley
This posting closed on
January 29, 2020
at 4:30 PM
||20-U016 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Join a “Community of Communities” – the Township of Langley, home to approximately 128,000 residents, is committed to providing progressive business, housing, and recreational opportunities, while balancing its unique mix of urban growth and rural beauty. A truly fun and beautiful place to work, the Township of Langley offers competitive salaries; excellent benefit packages; municipal pension plan; employee wellness programs; and, opportunities for professional development and career growth.
The Township of Langley is currently recruiting for a regular full-time Planner I to join our team of professionals in the Community Development Division, Community and Policy Planning Department. Reporting to the Manager, Community and Policy Planning, in this unionized position the successful candidate will be responsible for professional planning work.
• Conducts detailed analysis of community and policy planning projects, with a focus on public engagement, social planning and housing needs planning, within a broader context of community planning, neighbourhood planning and sustainable development
• Assists in the implementation of the Public Engagement Strategy for Planning and Development, Social Sustainability Strategy, Age-friendly Strategy and other policy planning initiatives
• Develops and implements strategies for maximum public participation to support policy planning initiatives
• Prepares reports, bylaws and policies for a variety of planning projects
• Collects and interprets historical, economic, physical, legal, statistical and other data applicable to general or spe¬cialized planning programs and projects
• Maintains liaison with various internal and external contacts concerned with community planning, neighbourhood planning, sustainable development and general planning trends
• Interprets bylaws and answers a variety of internal and public inquiries regarding land use or related matters
• University graduation in an appropriate discipline, plus a post graduate degree in Community or Regional Planning or other related area, supple¬mented by some professional planning experience; or an equivalent combi¬nation of training and experience
• Credentials in the International Association for Public Participation (IAP2) methodology and practices (preferred)
• Considerable knowledge of the regulations, policies, bylaws objectives and legislation governing the operations of the Community Development Divi¬sion
In order to be considered for this position, candidates must have the following valid and current certifications/licenses (must be valid at the time the posting closes) and these must be attached with your application. Applications without the attached required documents below will be deemed incomplete and will not be considered. Please title your attachments with the number of this competition and have these documents ready to upload when you apply:
• BC Class 5 (full-privilege) driver’s license or equivalent driver’s license for where you reside. You must include with your application a current Personal Driver’s Record (select the ‘5 years’ option if obtaining online) that has been obtained within 6 months of the closing date. To obtain a copy of your Personal Driving Record, please contact ICBC directly or the driving authority where you reside. Please note that a copy of your Driver’s Licence and the Drivers Factor Report will not be accepted.
• Membership or eligibility for membership in the Planning Institute of British Columbia
The CUPE rate of pay for this position is $43.90 - $51.87 per hour (5 steps, 2020 rates) plus benefits. The hours of work are Monday to Friday 8:30am – 4:30pm.
If you wish to pursue this exciting career in a growing community, please visit tol.ca/careers to apply.
Internal closing date for this competition: 4:30pm, January 23, 2020
External closing date for this competition: 4:30pm, January 29, 2020
We appreciate all applications; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
||Township of Langley
4th Floor Civic Facility
20338 65 Avenue
Langley, BC, V2Y 3J1
||January 15, 2020 08:30 AM
||January 29, 2020 04:30 PM