|Engineering Technologist II - Regular Full-Time
||Township of Langley
This posting closed on
February 6, 2020
at 4:30 PM
||20-U023 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Join a “Community of Communities” – the Township of Langley, home to approximately 128,000 residents, is committed to providing progressive business, housing, and recreational opportunities, while balancing its unique mix of urban growth and rural beauty. A truly fun and beautiful place to work, the Township of Langley offers competitive salaries; excellent benefit packages; municipal pension plan; employee wellness programs; and, opportunities for professional development and career growth.
The Township of Langley is currently recruiting for a regular full-time Engineering Technologist II to join our team of professionals in the Engineering Division; Water Resources and Environment Department. Reporting to the Manager, Water Resources and Environment, in this unionized position you will be responsible for coordinating assigned major construction projects, developing work schedules, and monitoring work progress and project costs.
• Perform design, analysis, inspection, and review functions for municipal water, sanitary, and drainage systems and related facilities
• Draft letters, memos, reports, and contract documents including request for proposals and tenders
• Calculate water and sewer use projections, pipe flow calculations, cost estimates, water and sewer computer modelling, condition assessments and field work inspection during construction
• Liaise with a variety of internal and external contacts including other departments, the public, consultants, contractors, engineers and other agencies on engineering requirements, policies and related matters
• Perform contract administration and other related functions
• Graduation from an Institute of Technology with a diploma in civil technology or other related discipline, including or supplemented by courses in project management, plus considerable related experience preferably in a municipal setting, or an equivalent combination of training and experience
• Comprehensive knowledge of engineering principles, terminology, practices and techniques and experience with a variety of engineering software packages, databases, and utilities applications
• Energetic, enthusiastic, organized, and able to communicate effectively with the community, consultants and contractors
• Experience in sewer and water computer modelling, civil design, drafting experience and at least two years’ experience in an engineering environment will be considered assets
In order to be considered for this position, candidates must have the following valid and current certifications/licenses (must be valid at the time the posting closes) and these must be attached with your application. Applications without the attached required documents below will be deemed incomplete and will not be considered. Please title your attachments with the number of this competition and have these documents ready to upload when you apply:
• BC Class 5 (full-privilege) driver’s license or equivalent driver’s license for where you reside. You must include with your application a current Personal Driver’s Record (select the 5 years’ option if obtaining online) that has been obtained within 6 months of the closing date. To obtain a copy of your Personal Driving Record, please contact ICBC directly or the driving authority where you reside. Please note that a copy of your Driver’s Licence and the Drivers Factor Report will not be accepted.
• Certification or eligibility for certification as an Applied Science Technologist within the Province of British Columbia
The CUPE rate of pay for this position is $38.73 - $45.73 per hour (5 steps, 2020 rates) plus benefits. The hours of work are Monday to Friday 8:30am – 4:30pm.
If you wish to pursue this exciting career in a growing community, please visit tol.ca/careers to apply.
Internal closing date for this competition: 4:30pm, January 31, 2020
External closing date for this competition: 4:30pm, February 6, 2020
We appreciate all applications; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
||Township of Langley
4th Floor Civic Facility
20338 65 Avenue
Langley, BC, V2Y 3J1
||January 23, 2020 08:30 AM
||February 6, 2020 04:30 PM