|Parks Services Coordinator - Regular Full-Time
||Township of Langley
This posting closed on
February 6, 2020
at 4:30 PM
||20-U024 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Join a “Community of Communities” – the Township of Langley, home to approximately 128,000 residents, is committed to providing progressive business, housing, and recreational opportunities, while balancing its unique mix of urban growth and rural beauty. A truly fun and beautiful place to work, the Township of Langley offers competitive salaries; excellent benefit packages; municipal pension plan; employee wellness programs; and, opportunities for professional development and career growth.
The Township of Langley is currently recruiting for a regular full-time Parks Services Coordinator to join our team of professionals in the Engineering Division, Parks Operations Department. Reporting to the Manager, Parks Operations, in this unionized position you will be expected to oversees the use of a variety of Parks facilities and school district sport fields.
• Coordinate and organizes the bookings and allocation of Township Parks facilities and school district sport fields
• Prepares schedules and resolves scheduling conflicts within Parks
• Liaise with community sports associations, school officials and user groups and attend meetings with various groups regarding Parks facilities
• Identify and assess the needs and interests of sport field users and prepare reports on recommendations on matters such as facility improvements and use
• Coordinate, schedule and plan Parks sport tournaments and special events and serve as the liaison for filming in parks and cemeteries
• Oversee activities to ensure that required rules, regulations and required standards of user behaviour and safety are maintained
• Perform related work as required
• Diploma in community recreation or a related discipline plus some related experience, including experience in synthetic and turf grass management; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
• Sound knowledge of the principles and objectives of community sport and special events and of parks operations and maintenance
• Knowledge of policies, procedures, bylaws and rules and the ability to handle booking and allocation of park facilities
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of internal and external contacts and communicate effectively in dealing with user groups
This position is defined by the Township of Langley as a position of trust (Child Safety). The successful candidate(s) will be required to have a police information check as a condition of employment (Note - Not required as part of the application process, however will be required upon consideration for employment).
In order to be considered for this position, candidates must have the following valid and current certifications / licenses (must be valid at the time the posting closes) and these must be attached with your application. Applications without the attached required documents below will be deemed incomplete and will not be considered. Please title your attachments with the number of this competition and have these documents ready to upload when you apply:
• BC Class 5 (full-privilege) driver’s license or equivalent driver’s license for where you reside. You must include with your application a current Personal Driver’s Record (select the 5 years’ option if obtaining online) that has been obtained within 6 months of the closing date. To obtain a copy of your Personal Driving Record, please contact ICBC directly or the driving authority where you reside. Please note that a copy of your Driver’s Licence and the Drivers Factor Report will not be accepted.
The CUPE rate of pay for this position is $30.33 - $35.68 per hour (5 steps, 2020 rates), plus benefits. The hours of work are 40 hours per week; Non-standard hours and/or non-standard work week.
If you wish to pursue this exciting career in a growing community, please visit tol.ca/careers to apply.
Internal closing date for this competition: 4:30pm, January 31, 2020
External closing date for this competition: 4:30pm, February 6, 2020
We appreciate all applications; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
||Township of Langley
4th Floor Civic Facility
20338 65 Avenue
Langley, BC, V2Y 3J1
||January 23, 2020 08:30 AM
||February 6, 2020 04:30 PM