||City of Abbotsford
This posting closed on
February 10, 2020
at 4:30 PM
||19-100 Re-Post (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||At the City of Abbotsford our people are our greatest asset. We offer a wide range of diverse, stimulating and rewarding career opportunities that support and recognize high levels of performance. In Abbotsford, we work strongly to create a challenging and rewarding environment for our employees to thrive. We invite you to become part of a place that has strong corporate and organizational values, rewarding career paths, challenging opportunities and an engaging and dynamic team to work with.
Be part of the story. Join our team today.
The City of Abbotsford currently has an exciting full-time opportunity for an Arboriculture Coordinator in the Park Services Division of our Parks, Recreation and Culture Department.
As the Arboriculture Coordinator you will bring your expertise in planting, pruning, maintenance and removal of a variety of mature coniferous and deciduous trees. This position involves carrying out the assessment, reporting and rating of trees for hazard and retention potential, and recommends species/varieties for suitability for specific sites and required treatment based upon species, size, condition, and trees at risk.
Reporting to the Urban Forester, the successful candidate will plan, allocate, review, coordinate and participate in arboriculture work for both internal and external contracts. Your knowledge of arboriculture and urban forestry principles, practices and the City’s bylaws and regulations applicable to tree related matters will assist in responding courteously and tactfully with the general public, contractors and direct reports.
• Grade 12 supplemented with a two-year diploma in Arboriculture, Urban Forestry, Plant Services, Horticulture or related discipline from a recognized post-secondary institution;
• Minimum of three years’ work experience in the management of specimen trees, including supervisory experience;
• Trade Qualification in related discipline may be considered;
• Class 5 B. Drivers’ Licence;
• Pesticide Applicator’s License for the Province of British Columbia;
• International Society of Arboriculture Certification (ISA);
• ISA Certified Tree Risk Assessor.
This position is unionized, CUPE Local 774, and the hourly rate of pay is from $31.81 to $37.41.
At the City of Abbotsford we work strongly to create a challenging yet rewarding environment for our employees to thrive. We offer ongoing personal and professional development opportunities, competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package.
||January 27, 2020 08:30 AM
||February 10, 2020 04:30 PM