|Groundskeeper 2 - Urban Forestry
||City of Surrey
||3436 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Parks, Recreation and Culture
||The City of Surrey’s Shade Tree team aims to ensure that our more than 100,000 street and park trees are well maintained to meet the needs of our growing communities. As part of that commitment, we are looking for a full-time Groundskeeper 2 to help manage and maintain our urban forest.
||As a Groundkeeper 2, you will be responsible for a variety of work that involves tree maintenance and management. The incumbent may be required to:
• Perform arboriculture field work in accordance with accepted standards, techniques and practices;
• Supervise, train and review work of junior staff; including assisting with scheduling and ensuring work is included in an efficient and timely manner;
• Conduct a full range of tree maintenance activities such as spurless tree climbing, pruning and planting;
• Complete tree risk assessments; and
• Respond to inquiries from City residents related to public trees.
||The successful candidate will meet one of the following criteria:
• Completed Grade 12, supplemented by the successful completion of five additional relevant courses from an approved post-secondary institution, plus 2 years recent experience in urban forestry management or arboriculture
• Completion of Grade 12, supplemented by a Technical Certificate Program (one-year full-time) from an approved post-secondary institution, plus 18 months of recent experience in urban forestry or arboriculture
• Completion of a diploma program from an approved post-secondary institution, plus a minimum of 6 months recent experience in urban forestry management or arboriculture
You must also:
• Have a valid BC Driver’s License with a safe driving record
• Obtain a Pesticide Applicator’s License prior to completion of probation period
• Obtain Arborist Certification through the International Society of Arboriculture prior to completion of probation period
• Be able to complete heavy manual labour in all weather conditions.
• Applicants under consideration will be required to consent to a Police Information Check/Vulnerable Sector Check
||Please apply online @ www.surrey.ca/careers.
||January 30, 2020 08:30 AM
||February 21, 2020 04:30 PM