|Groundskeeper 2 - Park Development Services
||City of Surrey
This posting closed on
February 14, 2020
at 4:30 PM
||3442 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Parks, Recreation and Culture
||The Park Development Services (PDS) is involved in all aspects of landscape construction and is currently looking for a Groundskeeper 2 to be involved in the full range of activities including:
• Trail development
• Playground renovation and construction
• Retaining walls
• Paving stone installation
• Boardwalk installation
• Wood fencing
• Tree and Shrub planting
• Turf installations
Typical duties will include assisting the PDS Technician in these activities, while sometimes working independently or with an additional labor. The groundskeeper 2 position would suit someone with power tool and chainsaw experience, with a strong aptitude for landscape construction as well as strong customer service and public relations skills.
Applicants should have the ability to make independent decisions and be physically able to carry out work of a heavy manual nature in all weather conditions.
||The successful candidate will have:
• Completion of grade 12, supplemented by successful completion of five additional relevant courses from an approved post-secondary education institution plus a minimum of 2 years recent experience in landscape maintenance and/or landscape construction; or
• Completion of grade 12, supplemented by a Technical Certificate Program (one year full-time) from an approved post-secondary institution, supplemented by 18 months of recent experience in landscape maintenance and/or landscape construction; or
• Completion of a diploma program from an approved post-secondary institution, with a minimum of 6 months recent experience in landscape maintenance and/or landscape construction.
• A valid BC Driver’s license with a safe driving history
• Pesticide Applicator’s License – to be obtained before the completion of probation period.
||Please apply online @ www.surrey.ca/careers
||January 30, 2020 08:30 AM
||February 14, 2020 04:30 PM