|Planning Assistant (Full-Time)-Up to 2 Positions
||Fraser Valley Regional District
This posting closed on
February 21, 2020
at 4:30 PM
||2020-10 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Electoral Area Planning and Development
||We are the third largest regional district in BC and deliver over 100 services to six municipalities and eight electoral areas. Our region covers more than 13,000 km2 stretching from the City of Abbotsford to Boston Bar. If you enjoy working with the public and have a keen eye for attention to detail, you should check us out.
||As a Planning Assistant in our Electoral Area Services Planning Department, a typical week could see you getting involved in the planning process from “soup to nuts” including: responding to property inquiries from residents; reviewing applications in conjunction with our bylaws and policies; assisting with planning files from setting up the initial files, gathering information, tracking the files throughout the Planning process, and updating the files in Tempest once completed. If you have a knack for organization and thrive on working in a fast paced environment, keep reading.
We offer a positive, supportive, team-based work environment with an emphasis on collaboration. We believe in lifelong learning and are committed to providing and supporting training and professional development opportunities for our staff. If you have a positive, can-do attitude and a keen sense of humour, you will fit right in. Bring your positive energy, ambition and desire to learn, and we’ll take care of the rest.
||• Post-Secondary education, preferably a diploma or degree related to Planning, or comparable local government experience, plus administrative experience in Planning, Legal, Local Government or a similar environment, or an equivalent combination of education/experience;
||• Working knowledge or ability to quickly acquire knowledge of standard planning, building and engineering nomenclature, and map compilation and interpretation;
• Working knowledge or the ability to quickly acquire knowledge of land title and registry procedures and the administration of real property; and familiarity with folio information such as BC Assessment data and the use of a land based property information system;
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to express thoughts and ideas clearly, and write in a clear, concise and creative manner;
• Experience with electronic tracking processes and software;
• Excellent computer skills, with a high level of proficiency with Microsoft Office, and experience with publishing software;
• Good customer service skills with the ability to remain courteous, tactful and diplomatic in dealing with the public, and with difficult clients;
• Ability to grasp concepts quickly and to interpret complex technical information, policies and procedures and explain them to the public;
• Must possess a valid Driver’s Licence.
||The wage rate for this bargaining unit position is $24.17 per hour plus a comprehensive benefits package. Upon successful completion of the required six month probationary period the wage rate will increase to $28.43 per hour.
||If this opportunity excites you, and you want to contribute to a positive work environment, we want to hear from you. Please submit your resume, along with a cover letter, indicating how you meet the qualifications. Please quote Competition #2020-10 and send, in confidence, by 4:30 p.m. on February 21, 2020 to:
firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to:
Human Resources Department
Fraser Valley Regional District
45950 Cheam Avenue
Chilliwack, BC V2P 1N6
While we greatly appreciate all applicants for their interest, regretfully only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
||45950 Cheam Avenue
||January 30, 2020 08:30 AM
||February 21, 2020 04:30 PM