||City of Surrey
This posting closed on
February 24, 2020
at 4:30 PM
||3448 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Reporting to the Manager, Risk Management, the Junior Adjustor will be responsible for the investigation, adjudication and settlement for claims at a junior level.
||the Junior Adjustor, you will:
• Review files, set up quantum and liaise with claimants
• Work under the guidance of a Senior Examiner and with technical assistance from the Adjuster/Analyst
• Manage files related to the recovery of funds owed to the City arising from damage to City property
• Assist legal counsel in the preparation of recovery cases for the Civil Resolution Tribunal
• Maintain current and accurate file notes regarding file updates, changes and client interaction
• Identify files that require redirection to Senior Examiner due to file complexity or sensitivity
• Deliver quality service and facilitate prompt and equitable settlement of claims within the parameters of corporate policies and standards
• Draft various correspondence to claimants, insurers
• Provide backup support for the Risk Management Clerk
• Perform other related job duties
||• The ability to interpret complex documents of a legal nature and perform and understand numerical calculations including analysis of comparative information
• Effective analytical skills, including identification of cause and effect dynamics and a strong ability to draw valid conclusions
• Advanced verbal communication including listening, interviewing, negotiation, and ability to tailor approach to audience
• Advanced written communication including writing ability of a technical nature
• Strong interpersonal skills allowing for effective dialogue and dealing with conflict and difficult situations
• A proactive and positive approach to customer service ensuring that all inquiries are effectively managed in a timely manner
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Demonstrated organizational ability to prioritize and manage conflicting priorities in an effective manner
• Be aligned with the City of Surrey’s Core Values of Community, Integrity, Innovation, Teamwork, Service.
• Relevant insurance experience and working towards obtaining CIP designation would be an asset
• An equivalent
||Please apply online @ www.surrey.ca/careers to Job ID 3448.
||February 3, 2020 08:30 AM
||February 24, 2020 04:30 PM