|Soil Bylaw Office - Regular Full-Time
||Township of Langley
This posting closed on
February 27, 2020
at 4:30 PM
||20-U032 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
Join a “Community of Communities” – the Township of Langley, home to approximately 128,000 residents, is committed to providing progressive business, housing, and recreational opportunities, while balancing its unique mix of urban growth and rural beauty. A truly fun and beautiful place to work, the Township of Langley offers competitive salaries; excellent benefit packages; municipal pension plan; employee wellness programs; and, opportunities for professional development and career growth.
The Township of Langley is currently recruiting for a regular full-time Soil Bylaw Officer to join our team of professionals in the Engineering Division; Engineering and Construction Services Department. Reporting to the Engineering Services Manager, in this unionized position you will be responsible for processing soil deposit and removal applications, producing neighbourhood maps and letter mail-outs including collecting and summarizing responses.
• Review, process and enter soil deposit and removal permit applications
• Organize site inspections and meetings with technical staff
• Conduct inspections to ensure properties conform to the by-law and approved soil permits
• Investigate complaints, compose correspondence, provide data for council reports, maintain and update forms, permits, reports, and records
• Review, process and enter soil deposition and removal permit applications
• Recommend improvements to procedures and perform other related work as required
• Completion of Grade 12, related technical courses and sound related experience or an equivalent combination of training and experience
• A minimum of one year experience in a municipal setting, or at least one year experience in bylaw enforcement or related education, such as JIBC bylaw enforcement courses will be considered an asset
• Ability to investigate complaints, conduct inspections and to enforce the by-law, rules and regulations with firmness, tact, impartiality and sound judgement as well as an ability to deal courteously and effectively with the public, officials and staff is necessary
• Sound knowledge of computer applications as they relate to the work performed, business English, spelling, punctuation and arithmetic and of modern office methods, practices and procedures, and common office appliances
In order to be considered for this position, candidates must have the following valid and current certifications/licenses (must be valid at the time the posting closes) and these must be attached with your application. Applications without the attached required documents below will be deemed incomplete and will not be considered. Please title your attachments with the number of this competition and have these documents ready to upload when you apply:
• BC Class 5 (full-privilege) driver’s license or equivalent driver’s license for where you reside. You must include with your application a current Personal Driving Record (select the 5 years option if obtaining online) that has been obtained within 6 months of the closing date. To obtain a copy of your Personal Driving Record, please contact ICBC directly or the driving authority where you reside. Please note that a copy of your Driver’s Licence and the Drivers Factor Report will not be accepted.
The CUPE rate of pay for this position is $30.33 - $35.68 per hour (5 steps, 2020 rates) plus benefits. The hours of work are Monday to Friday 8:00am – 4:30pm.
If you wish to pursue this exciting career in a growing community, please visit tol.ca/careers to apply.
Internal closing date for this competition: 4:30pm, February 14, 2020
External closing date for this competition: 4:30pm, February 27, 2020
We appreciate all applications; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
||Township of Langley
4th Floor Civic Facility
20338 65 Avenue
Langley, BC, V2Y 3J1
||February 6, 2020 08:30 AM
||February 27, 2020 04:30 PM