|Manager of Inspection Services
||Fraser Valley Regional District
||2020-13 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||We are the third largest regional district in BC and deliver over 100 services to six municipalities and eight electoral areas. Our region covers more than 13,000 km2 stretching from the City of Abbotsford to Boston Bar. In short, we have a little bit of everything. If you have a passion for enforcing bylaws and making sure buildings are up to code, than you should check us out.
||We have an exciting and challenging opportunity for an energetic and self-motivated individual to fill the position of Manager of Inspection Services. Reporting to the Director of Planning and Development; the successful candidate will be responsible for our Building and Bylaw team, providing management, supervision, support, guidance and mentorship to staff; developing policies and procedures to support the safe and efficient operation of Building and Bylaw Enforcement services; Facilities management; providing advice and information to assist stakeholders in matters related to building, facilities, construction and bylaw enforcement.
We offer a positive, supportive, team-based work environment with an emphasis on collaboration. We believe in lifelong learning and are committed to providing and supporting training and professional development opportunities for our staff. If you have a positive, can-do attitude and a keen sense of humour, you will fit right in.
||• Post-Secondary education in Building Technology or related discipline or an equivalent combination of related training and demonstrated experience;
• Registered Building Official designation from the Building Officials Association of BC; and continuous membership in good standing with the Building Officials Association of BC;
||• Demonstrated ability to oversee and resolve complex building issues through management of staff and ability to manage legal and liability situations while maintaining a high degree of confidentiality;
• Flexibility to work hands-on during emergencies, staff shortages and as required for complex files, including files with potential legal or liability exposure, files requiring confidentiality and files pertaining to complex buildings;
• Five years of progressive supervisory or management experience in a local government setting and strong leadership skills with a hands-on, leads by example approach;
• Excellent communication skills, both in oral and written format, and strong interpersonal skills with the ability to deal effectively with a variety of internal and external stakeholders;
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills with a demonstrated record of results-oriented, critical thinking and a clear focus on high quality measureable outputs;
• Strong management, and organizational skills and demonstrated experience to manage multiple challenging projects;
• The ability to quickly acquire professional level knowledge of land development, facilities, construction, building construction safety, and bylaw enforcement;
• Must possess a valid Driver’s License.
||The salary for this full-time exempt position is commensurate with experience and is supplemented by a comprehensive and competitive benefit package.
||If this opportunity excites you, and you want to contribute to a positive work environment, we want to hear from you. Please submit your resume, along with a cover letter, indicating how you meet the qualifications. Please quote Competition #2020-13 and send, in confidence, by 4:30 p.m. on February 28, 2020 to:
firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to:
Fraser Valley Regional District
Human Resources Department
45950 Cheam Avenue
Chilliwack, BC V2P 1N6
While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, only those candidates under consideration will be contacted.
||45950 Cheam Avenue
||February 6, 2020 08:30 AM
||February 28, 2020 04:30 PM