|Community Services Assistant 5 - Cultural Grants Program Liaison
||City of Surrey
||3454 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Parks, Recreation and Culture
||The Parks, Recreation and Culture department is looking for is looking for an auxiliary Community Services Assistant 5 - Cultural Grants Program Liaison. The Cultural Grant Program Liaison is responsible for the coordination and administration of the Cultural Grants Program. This is an auxiliary position working 21-25 hours/week during office hours, with occasional evening and weekend shifts to meet with cultural groups or participate in cultural development training workshops.
||Reporting to Culture Division Manager, this auxiliary opportunity will be responsible for:
• Researching, planning, promoting, administering and evaluating the Cultural Grants Program.
• Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships and partnerships with various community groups, arts organizations as well as other City departments
• Developing and implementing marketing and communications plans to promote the Cultural Grants Program.
• Coordinating and guiding the Grant Evaluation Committee Processes.
• Receiving, reviewing, and filing applications and support materials related to each application, ensuring that all materials are complete as per the program criteria and current requirements.
• Establishing and maintaining electronic records of applications and support materials.
• Maintaining a database grant recipients and not-for-profit arts and heritage organizations in Surrey.
• Supporting and providing information to arts and heritage organizations regarding the grant program on an ongoing basis, including program in-take, application processes, program criteria and eligibility and supports development training opportunities for cultural organizations (budgets, grant writing etc.).
• Developing, monitoring and updating the Cultural Grants web pages.
• Developing and delivering a quarterly electronic Program newsletter.
• Collecting and maintaining statistical information regarding the Program.
• Conducting research and preparing reports and documentation as required.
||The successful candidate will have:
• A degree/diploma in arts administration or related discipline from a recognized post-secondary institution.
• 2 years progressively responsible administrative experience in cultural development and/or program coordination, including supervision.
• Emergency First Aid with Certificate and CPR or acceptable equivalent.
• Strong verbal and public relation skills and ability to present information at meetings.
• Written communications skills including reports, marketing materials, social media.
• Experience with cultural programs and project coordination.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, volunteers, artists, community.
• Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize.
• Proficient computer skills.
• Accurate, precise and detail oriented.
• Strong administrative skills, including record maintenance and preparation of reports.
• Broad general knowledge of demographics and cultural diversity of the community.
• Thorough knowledge and understanding of the principles and values of community engagement processes, artistic processes and
community cultural development.
• Ability to review and assess project budgets.
||Please apply online @ www.surrey.ca/careers to Job ID 3454.
||February 7, 2020 08:30 AM
||February 21, 2020 04:30 PM