|Facility Operations and Maintenance Supervisor (up to 4 positions) - Regular Full-time
||Township of Langley
||20-U034 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Join a “Community of Communities” – the Township of Langley, home to approximately 128,000 residents, is committed to providing progressive business, housing, and recreational opportunities, while balancing its unique mix of urban growth and rural beauty. A truly fun and beautiful place to work, the Township of Langley offers competitive salaries; excellent benefit packages; municipal pension plan; employee wellness programs; and, opportunities for professional development and career growth.
The Township of Langley is currently recruiting for up to four regular full-time Facility Operations and Maintenance Supervisors to join our team of professionals in the Engineering Division, Facilities Department. Reporting to the Facilities Operations and Maintenance Superintendent in this unionized position, you will perform a variety of skilled supervisory and technical work relating to multi-use recreation facilities.
• Plan, assign, schedule, coordinate and review the work of other employees involved in recreation facility and equipment maintenance, janitorial and custodial work, pool maintenance, refrigeration and ice-making, aquatic facilities, waterparks, ice arenas, curling rinks, fitness and community centres
• Train new employees in work safe standards and methods
• Schedule and coordinate maintenance, janitorial/custodial services for a range of public facilities to ensure the operational requirements are met and to identify signs of required maintenance or deterioration
• Coordinate minor repair and maintenance projects with contractors and tradespersons on and maintain service contracts to ensure compliance with specifications and safety standards
• Schedule, coordinate and carry out testing and inspections of water quality in swimming pools
• Provide assistance to the public and user groups and respond to questions and concerns from the public regarding the facilities
• Perform other related work as required
• Completion of a diploma program in recreation facility management or a related discipline supplemented by technical courses related to the work, plus sound related experience; or an equivalent combination of training and experience
• Considerable knowledge of the methods, materials, equipment and tools used in the repair and maintenance of aquatic facilities, multipurpose arenas, recreation facilities including chemical handling, ice making, and refrigeration and janitorial operations
• Considerable knowledge of the procedures, standards and regulations governing the safe operation and functions of community recreation facilities, arenas, waterparks and swimming pools
• Ability to plan, assign, supervise and check the work of employees and other subordinates operating equipment and performing facility maintenance
• Ability to draft and implement maintenance schedules for assigned facilities/equipment and maintain effective working relations with internal and external contacts
In order to be considered for this position, candidates must have the following valid and current certifications/licenses (must be valid at the time the posting closes) and these must be attached with your application. Applications without the attached required documents below will be deemed incomplete and will not be considered. Please title your attachments with the number of this competition and have these documents ready to upload when you apply:
• BC Class 5 (full-privilege) driver’s license or equivalent driver’s license for where you reside. You must include with your application a current Personal Driving Record (select the 5 year option if obtaining online) that has been obtained within 6 months of the closing date. To obtain a copy of your Personal Driving Record, please contact ICBC directly or the driving authority where you reside. Please note that a copy of your Driver’s Licence and the Drivers Factor Report will not be accepted.
• B.C. Refrigeration Operator's Certificate with experience in ice making and/or Pool Operator Level 2
• Emergency First Aid and CPR Certificate
This position is defined by the Township of Langley as a position of trust (Child Safety). The successful candidate(s) will be required to have a police information check as a condition of employment (Note - Not required as part of the application process, however will be required upon consideration for employment).
The CUPE rate of pay for this position is $34.27 - $40.35 per hour (5 steps, 2020 rates), plus benefits. The hours of work are eight continuous hours per day, five consecutive days per week, Monday to Sunday between the hours of 6:00am – 6:00pm.
If you wish to pursue this exciting career in a growing community, please visit tol.ca/careers to apply.
Internal closing date for this competition: 4:30pm, February 24, 2020
External closing date for this competition: 4:30pm, February 27, 2020
We appreciate all applications; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
||Township of Langley
4th Floor Civic Facility
20338 65 Avenue
Langley, BC, V2Y 3J1
||February 13, 2020 08:30 AM
||February 27, 2020 04:30 PM