|Cemeterian - Regular Full-Time
||Township of Langley
This posting closed on
March 3, 2020
at 4:30 PM
||20-U036 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Join a “Community of Communities” – the Township of Langley, home to approximately 128,000 residents, is committed to providing progressive business, housing, and recreational opportunities, while balancing its unique mix of urban growth and rural beauty. A truly fun and beautiful place to work, the Township of Langley offers competitive salaries; excellent benefit packages; municipal pension plan; employee wellness programs; and, opportunities for professional development and career growth.
The Township of Langley is currently recruiting for a regular full-time Cemeterian to join our team of professionals in the Engineering Division, Parks Operations Department. Reporting to the Manager, Parks Operations, in this unionized position you will be expected to perform a variety of cemetery operations including grounds maintenance, custodial and equipment operation work.
• Directs and participates in digging and site preparation, interment and closing; locates new interment sites in response to work orders and verbal notification
• Install memorial markers and monument boulders
• Operate equipment including a backhoe, bobcat and single axle dump truck with trailer
• Assign tasks, provide site supervision and participate in the work of staff performing cemetery maintenance
• Ensure site activities comply with municipal bylaws and provincial regulations and provide information to the public on matters related to internments and bylaw requirements
• Perform related work as required
• Completion of Grade 12, plus courses related to cemetery operations and turf care, and considerable related experience in the operation and servicing of applicable heavy construction and maintenance equipment, or an equivalent combination of training and experience
• Thorough knowledge of the methods, practices, tools and equipment used in the work and of procedures used in servicing and minor maintenance Knowledge of policies, procedures, bylaws and rules and the ability to handle booking and allocation of park facilities
• Sound knowledge of provincial regulations, municipal by-laws, policies and procedures governing the work
• Ability to work with minimal supervision in carrying out day-to-day cemetery operations and effectively provide information and assistance to members of the public in a compassionate and sensitive manner
This position is defined by the Township of Langley as a position of trust (Child Safety). The successful candidate(s) will be required to have a Police Information Check as a condition of employment (Note - Not required as part of the application process, however will be required upon consideration for employment).
In order to be considered for this position, candidates must have the following valid and current certifications / licenses (must be valid at the time the posting closes) and these must be attached with your application. Applications without the attached required documents below will be deemed incomplete and will not be considered. Please title your attachments with the number of this competition and have these documents ready to upload when you apply:
• BC Class 5 (full-privilege) Driver’s License with the ability to obtain Code 20 Heavy Trailer Endorsement within six months of start date, or equivalent driver’s license for where you reside. You must include with your application a current Personal Driving Record (select the 5 years option if obtaining online) that has been obtained within 6 months of the closing date. To obtain a copy of your Personal Driving Record, please contact ICBC directly or the driving authority where you reside. Please note that a copy of your Driver’s License or the Drivers Factor Report will not be accepted.
The CUPE rate of pay for this position is $33.05 per hour (2020 rates), plus benefits. The hours of work are Monday to Friday 8:00am – 4:30pm.
If you wish to pursue this exciting career in a growing community, please visit tol.ca/careers to apply.
Internal closing date for this competition: 4:30pm, February 26, 2020
External closing date for this competition: 4:30pm, March 3, 2020
We appreciate all applications; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
||Township of Langley
4th Floor Civic Facility
20338 65 Avenue
Langley, BC, V2Y 3J1
||February 18, 2020 08:30 AM
||March 3, 2020 04:30 PM