|Payroll Clerk - Regular Full-Time
||Township of Langley
This posting closed on
March 3, 2020
at 4:30 PM
||20-U037 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Join a “Community of Communities” – the Township of Langley, home to approximately 128,000 residents, is committed to providing progressive business, housing, and recreational opportunities, while balancing its unique mix of urban growth and rural beauty. A truly fun and beautiful place to work, the Township of Langley offers competitive salaries; excellent benefit packages; municipal pension plan; employee wellness programs; and, opportunities for professional development and career growth.
The Township of Langley is currently recruiting for a regular full-time Payroll Clerk to join our team of professionals in the Human Resources Division, Payroll Department. Reporting to the Manager, Payroll Services, in this unionized position you will be expected to provide specialized clerical work involving the accurate preparation, calculation and completion of payrolls for municipal staff.
• Prepare salaried and hourly-rated payrolls and maintain payroll updates
• Check payroll information and data submitted for conformity with regulations, agreements and procedures
• Prepare journal entries, make adjustments to general ledger accounts and balance monthly remittances for statutory and non-statutory payroll deductions
• Provide payroll information to staff and process enquiries for external agencies such as Union, WCB, and Superannuation authorities
• Provide guidance and direction to internal contacts who are engaged in work related to the preparation of payroll
• Perform related work as required
• Completion of the 12th school grade supplemented by payroll courses related to the work plus considerable related experience in computerized payroll, preferably in a municipal environment, or an equivalent combination of training and experience
• Considerable knowledge of the regulations, rules and agreements applicable to municipal payroll operations and working knowledge of double entry accounting.
• Ability to understand, interpret and apply regulations, agreements and procedures concerning payroll and benefit matters and to supply payroll data and payroll related information to internal and external contacts
The CUPE rate of pay for this position is $29.12 - $34.27 per hour (5 steps; 2020 rates), plus benefits. The hours of work are Monday to Friday between 8:30am – 4:30pm.
If you wish to pursue this exciting career in a growing community, please visit tol.ca/careers to apply.
Internal closing date for this competition: 4:30pm, February 26, 2020
External closing date for this competition: 4:30pm, March 3, 2020
We appreciate all applications; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
||Township of Langley
4th Floor Civic Facility
20338 65 Avenue
Langley, BC, V2Y 3J1
||February 18, 2020 08:30 AM
||March 3, 2020 04:30 PM