|Trades I - Parks - regular full-time
||Township of Langley
This posting closed on
March 16, 2020
at 4:30 PM
||20-U038 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Join a “Community of Communities” – the Township of Langley, home to approximately 128,000 residents, is committed to providing progressive business, housing, and recreational opportunities, while balancing its unique mix of urban growth and rural beauty. A truly fun and beautiful place to work, the Township of Langley offers competitive salaries; excellent benefit packages; municipal pension plan; employee wellness programs; and, opportunities for professional development and career growth.
The Township of Langley is currently recruiting for a regular full-time Trades I - Parks to join our team of professionals in the Engineering Division, Parks Operations Department. Reporting to the Trees, Trails, Horticulture and Natural Areas Superintendent, in this unionized position you will be responsible for relaying instructions to and assisting with the supervisor of a small group of assigned employees.
• Perform a variety of technical tasks in the field of horticulture, including working in cooperation with other municipal crews and complete routine inspections as required
• Respond to routine public enquiries and complaints, and maintain routine records of activities in assigned areas
• Perform related work as required
• Completion of Grade 12 plus recognized certification in horticulture or landscape maintenance, supervisory training, experience in horticulture, landscape installation and maintenance or an equivalent combination of training and experience
• Considerable knowledge of the principles, practices, methods and materials used in construction and landscape maintenance work
• Knowledge of plant health care management and the ability to perform a variety of technical tasks including some independent judgement in construction and maintenance operations
• Ability to prepare and interpret landscape plans and maintain routine records
This position is defined by the Township of Langley as a position of trust (Child Safety). The successful candidate(s) will be required to have a Police Information Check as a condition of employment (Note - Not required as part of the application process, however will be required upon consideration for employment).
In order to be considered for this position, candidates must have the following valid and current certifications/licenses (must be valid at the time the posting closes) and these must be attached with your application. Applications without the attached required documents below will be deemed incomplete and will not be considered. Please title your attachments with the number of this competition and have these documents ready to upload when you apply:
• BC Class 5 (full-privilege) driver’s license or equivalent driver’s license for where you reside. You must include with your application a current Personal Driving Record (select the 5 years option if obtaining online) that has been obtained within 6 months of the closing date. To obtain a copy of your Personal Driving Record, please contact ICBC directly or the driving authority where you reside. Please note that a copy of your Driver’s Licence and the Drivers Factor Report will not be accepted.
• Pesticide Applicators License – Landscape General
The CUPE rate of pay for this position is $35.37 per hour (2020 rates), plus benefits. The hours of work are Monday to Friday 8:00am – 4:30pm.
If you wish to pursue this exciting career in a growing community, please visit tol.ca/careers to apply.
Internal closing date for this competition: 4:30pm, March 3, 2020
External closing date for this competition: 4:30pm, March 16, 2020
We appreciate all applications; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
||Township of Langley
4th Floor Civic Facility
20338 65 Avenue
Langley, BC, V2Y 3J1
||February 24, 2020 08:30 AM
||March 16, 2020 04:30 PM