|Recreation Attendant I - Regular Part-Time
||Township of Langley
This posting closed on
March 19, 2020
at 4:30 PM
||20-U042 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
Join a “Community of Communities” – the Township of Langley, home to over 128,000 residents, is committed to providing progressive business, housing, and recreational opportunities, while balancing its unique mix of urban growth and rural beauty. A truly fun and beautiful place to work, the Township of Langley offers competitive salaries; excellent benefit packages; municipal pension plan; employee wellness programs; and, opportunities for professional development and career growth.
The Township of Langley is recruiting for a regular part-time Recreation Attendant I to join our team of professionals in the Arts, Culture and Community Initiatives Division. Reporting to the Cultural Services Manager, in this unionized position you will be responsible for providing a high level of customer service to internal and external customers, answering enquiries and completing a variety of clerical support functions.
• Perform a variety of clerical tasks including the preparation and processing of items such as cash receipts, registration documents and facility bookings
• Answer a wide variety of general enquiries regarding activities and services in the community
• Perform minor custodial duties and other functions including opening and closing a facility during a regularly scheduled shift
• Communicate effectively with all levels of internal and external contacts
• Education will include Grade 12, supplemented by sound related experience dealing with the public or an equivalent combination of training and experience
• Ability to deal courteously and effectively with the public under varying conditions, receive payments and issue change accordingly and maintain clerical records as required
• Ability to maintain records related to the work
• Strong proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
This position is defined by the Township of Langley as a position of trust (Child Safety). The successful candidate(s) will be required to have a Police Information Check as a condition of employment (Note - Not required as part of the application process, however will be required upon consideration for employment).
In order to be considered for this position, candidates must have the following valid and current certifications/licenses (must be valid at the time the posting closes) and these must be attached with your application. Applications without the attached required documents below will be deemed incomplete and will not be considered. Please title your attachments with the number of this competition and have these documents ready to upload when you apply:
• Emergency First Aid and CPR Certification
The CUPE rate of pay for this position is $22.93 - $26.89 per hour (5 steps, 2020 rates) plus benefits. The hours of work are Monday 9:45am – 5:15pm; Tuesday 1:15pm – 5:15pm; Saturday 11:45am – 5:15pm; Sunday 12:45pm – 5:15pm. Non-standard hours and non-standard work week.
If you wish to pursue this exciting career in a growing community, please visit tol.ca/careers to apply.
Internal closing date for this competition: 4:30pm, March 13, 2020
External closing date for this competition: 4:30pm, March 19, 2020
We appreciate all applications; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
||Township of Langley
4th Floor Civic Facility
20338 65 Avenue
Langley, BC, V2Y 3J1
||March 5, 2020 08:30 AM
||March 19, 2020 04:30 PM