|Aquatic Leader - Regular Full-Time
||Township of Langley
This posting closed on
March 19, 2020
at 4:30 PM
||20-U044 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Join a “Community of Communities” – the Township of Langley, home to over 128,000 residents, is committed to providing progressive business, housing, and recreational opportunities, while balancing its unique mix of urban growth and rural beauty. A truly fun and beautiful place to work, the Township of Langley offers competitive salaries; excellent benefit packages; municipal pension plan; employee wellness programs; and, opportunities for professional development and career growth.
The Township of Langley is currently recruiting for a regular full-time Aquatic Leader to join our team of professionals in the Parks and Recreation Division; Recreation Programs and Services Department. Reporting to the Community Recreation Manager, in this unionized position you will be for responsible supervising, checking and participating in the work of a moderate sized group of full-time and part-time employees involved in instructional, lifeguarding, maintenance, custodial and cashiering/clerical work on assigned shifts.
• Participate in the planning process, organization and promotion of aquatic programs
• Participate in conducting lifeguarding and safety training programs for aquatic staff
• Maintain inventory of instruction supplies and equipment
• Assist in conducting a maintenance and custodial program ensuring that all pumps, filters, chlorinators and related water treatment equipment is properly functional and that established standards of cleanliness and safety are enforced
• Respond to enquiries and complaints from the public regarding programs and activities and maintain records and reports related to the work
• Your education will include completion of Grade 12, supplemented by courses related to the work including supervisory and leadership training, or advanced skill training plus sound related experience including two years at a supervisory level; or an equivalent combination of training and experience
• Sound knowledge of the theory and practice of lifesaving, lifeguarding cardio-pulmonary resuscitation and first aid
• Sound knowledge in teaching methods and group leadership techniques emphasizing instruction in water safety and aquatic skills and the principals and practices involved in implementing, evaluating, organizing and offering instructional and recreational aquatic programs
• Knowledge of pool chemistry, water filtration, chlorination, heating and related pool equipment and operating procedures
This position is defined by the Township of Langley as a position of trust (Child Safety). The successful candidate(s) will be required to have a Police information check as a condition of employment (Note - Not required as part of the application process, however will be required upon consideration for employment).
In order to be considered for this position, candidates must have the following valid and current certifications/licenses (must be valid at the time the posting closes) and these must be attached with your application. Applications without the attached required documents below will be deemed incomplete and will not be considered. Please title your attachments with the number of this competition and have these documents ready to upload when you apply:
• BC Class 5 (full-privilege) driver’s license or equivalent driver’s license for where you reside. You must include with your application a current Personal Driving Record (select the 5 year option if obtaining online) that has been obtained within 6 months of the closing date. To obtain a copy of your Personal Driving Record, please contact ICBC directly or the driving authority where you reside. Please note that a copy of your Driver’s Licence and the Drivers Factor Report will not be accepted.
• AED Certification
• Red Cross Water Safety Instructor
• National Lifeguard – Pool
• National Lifeguard – Water Park
• CPR Level ‘C’ Certification
• Occupational First Aid (OFA) Level 1 Certification or WorkSafe Equivalent
• Standard First Aid
The rate of pay for this CUPE position is $28.00 - $32.90 per hour (5 steps, 2020 rates) plus benefits. The hours of work are 40 hours per week; non-standard hours and/or non-standard work week.
If you wish to pursue this exciting career in a growing community, please visit tol.ca/careers to apply.
Internal closing date for this competition: 4:30pm, March 13, 2020
External closing date for this competition: 4:30pm, March 19, 2020
We appreciate all applications; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
||Township of Langley
4th Floor Civic Facility
20338 65 Avenue
Langley, BC, V2Y 3J1
||March 5, 2020 08:30 AM
||March 19, 2020 04:30 PM