|Senior Leader – Community Services Assistant 2 – Public Programs
||City of Surrey
This posting closed on
March 27, 2020
at 4:30 PM
||3501 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Parks, Recreation and Culture
||The City of Surrey is one of the fastest growing and culturally diverse cities in Canada. Recognized as a top employer, we are dedicated to building a vibrant, progressive, world-class city that enhances quality of life for our citizens, while delivering meaningful and rewarding career opportunities for our employees.
||The Museum of Surrey is a cultural facility with a mission to ignite young imaginations and connect Surrey’s diverse population and communities through participation, engagement and stories. The museum tells the story of Surrey's rich history and culture. As such, we are looking for a Senior Leader who is creative, loves delivering museum programs and is passionate about working with diverse communities.
In this role, typical duties include:
• Assist in the implementation, delivery, promotion and evaluation of outreach programs, special events, registered programs, and demonstrations.
• Program setup and takedown such as sorting, organizing, preparation and cleanup.
• Preparation of craft or activity templates and samples and instruction of basic craft activities.
• Assist to train and supervise volunteers in program delivery.
• Attending various sites, therefore we require a valid BC driver’s license with a safe driving history and access to a vehicle.
We’re looking for someone with the heart of an educator, and who loves engaging with diverse cultural groups and communities.
You thrive on delivering programs that captivate your audience and leave lasting impressions. You’re familiar with the principles and practices of museum interpretation, program delivery and community development in an educational context. You will deliver a wide range of programs from outreach events to birthday parties to cultural celebration events. Therefore, flexibility, adaptability, and willingness to learn are a must to be successful in the role.
This position is reflective of Museum programming requirements and consists of mainly evenings and weekends shifts ranging from 12-20 hours per week.
||As the successful candidate you must be able to demonstrate your outgoing customer relation skills. You’ll also have:
• Grade 12 supplemented by 1 year of relevant experience in community service work or an equivalent acceptable combination of training and experience.
• Experience working with children.
• Emergency First Aid and CPR Certificate
• Strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills.
• Heritage and/or cultural programming experience is an asset.
Applicants under consideration will be required to consent to a Police Information Check/Vulnerable Sector Check.
||March 11, 2020 08:30 AM
||March 27, 2020 04:30 PM