|Support Clerk - Temporary Full-Time
||Township of Langley
This posting closed on
March 20, 2020
at 4:30 PM
||20-U046 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Join a “Community of Communities” – the Township of Langley, home to approximately 128,000 residents, is committed to providing progressive business, housing, and recreational opportunities, while balancing its unique mix of urban growth and rural beauty. A truly fun and beautiful place to work, the Township of Langley offers competitive salaries; excellent benefit packages; municipal pension plan; employee wellness programs; and, opportunities for professional development and career growth.
The Township of Langley is currently recruiting for a temporary full-time (from approx. May 11, 2020 to approx. September 3, 2021) Support Clerk, to join our team of professionals in the Community Development Division, Business Support Department. Reporting to the Manager, Community Development Business Support.
• Receive and process permit applications, complaints and obtain and record pertinent data such as names, addresses, nature of violation and license plate numbers
• Receive and classify business license applications according to categories and circulate inspection forms to other divisions and departments as appropriate
• Assemble files and distribute reports to staff for further action
• Maintain and update a variety of computer and manual files, have good typing skills, and a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office
• Completion of Grade 12, preferably including or supplemented by commercial and accounting courses
• Considerable related experience preferably in a municipal department or an equivalent combination of training and experience is necessary
• Sound knowledge of business English, spelling, arithmetic, and proper vocabulary is critical
• Knowledge of recordkeeping, billing, indexing, and related clerical functions
• Ability to deal effectively with the public, other employees, and subordinates in processing a variety of enquiries, complaints and related matters is required
The CUPE rate of pay for this position is $25.82 - $30.33 per hour (5 steps, 2020 rates), plus 13% in lieu of benefits. The hours of work are Monday to Friday; 7 hours per day between 8:00am – 4:30pm.
If you wish to pursue this exciting career in a growing community, please visit tol.ca/careers to apply.
Internal closing date for this competition: 4:30pm, March 20, 2020
External closing date for this competition: 4:30pm, March 20, 2020
We appreciate all applications; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
||Township of Langley
4th Floor Civic Facility
20338 65 Avenue
Langley, BC, V2Y 3J1
||March 12, 2020 08:30 AM
||March 20, 2020 04:30 PM