| Museum Services Coordinator - Temporary Full-Time
||Township of Langley
This posting closed on
March 20, 2020
at 4:30 PM
||20-U047 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Join a “Community of Communities” – the Township of Langley, home to over 128,000 residents, is committed to providing progressive business, housing, and recreational opportunities, while balancing its unique mix of urban growth and rural beauty. A truly fun and beautiful place to work, the Township of Langley offers competitive salaries; excellent benefit packages; municipal pension plan; employee wellness programs; and, opportunities for professional development and career growth.
The Township of Langley is recruiting for a temporary full-time Museum Services Coordinator (from approx. April 7, 2020 to approx. December 24, 2020) to join our team of professionals in the Arts, Culture and Community Initiatives Division. Reporting to the Cultural Services Manager, in this unionized position you will be responsible for the general support services involved in the operation of a museum.
• Prepare and maintain a variety of office records and documents such as grant applications, reports, budget details and files
• Maintain the museum gift shop including merchandise inventory, cashier duties/balances, invoices for payment, accounting and monthly balance analyses
• Provide assistance and direction to the public and various user organizations
• Schedule bookings for the museum’s programs and liaise with schools and tour groups
• Supervise, train and schedule a small group of employees
• Perform related work as required
• Education will include completion of Grade 12, supplemented by commercial courses, preferably including elementary accounting, plus sound related experience, or an equivalent combination of training and experience
• Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills and the ability to deal effectively with the public, staff and officials are essential in this role
• Sound knowledge of the functions, regulations and standards governing Museums’ and municipal operations and activities as well as knowledge of modern office practices and procedures is required
• Previous museum experience will be considered an asset
This position is defined by the Township of Langley as a position of trust (Child Safety). The successful candidate(s) will be required to have a Police Information Check as a condition of employment (Note - Not required as part of the application process, however will be required upon consideration for employment).
The CUPE rate of pay for this position is $25.82 - $30.33 per hour (5 steps, 2020 rates) plus 13% in lieu of benefits. The hours of work are Tuesday to Saturday 8:30am – 4:30pm. Non-standard hours and non-standard work week.
If you wish to pursue this exciting career in a growing community, please visit tol.ca/careers to apply.
Internal closing date for this competition: 4:30pm, March 20, 2020
External closing date for this competition: 4:30pm, March 20, 2020
We appreciate all applications; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
||Township of Langley
4th Floor Civic Facility
20338 65 Avenue
Langley, BC, V2Y 3J1
||March 12, 2020 08:30 AM
||March 20, 2020 04:30 PM