|Clerk IV - Regular Full-Time
||Township of Langley
This posting closed on
August 18, 2020
at 11:59 PM
||20-U080 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Join a “Community of Communities” – the Township of Langley, home to approximately 135,000 residents, is committed to providing progressive business, housing, and recreational opportunities, while balancing its unique mix of urban growth and rural beauty. A truly fun and beautiful place to work, the Township of Langley offers competitive salaries; excellent benefit packages; municipal pension plan; employee wellness programs; and, opportunities for professional development and career growth.
The Township of Langley is currently recruiting for a regular full-time Clerk IV to join our team of professionals in the Engineering Division, Business Support Department. Reporting to the Manager, Administration & Business Services, in this unionized position the successful candidate will be responsible for assisting with the preparation and monitoring of capital and operating budgets as well as supervisory duties in support of the Administrative Coordinator, within the Engineering Division.
• Assist in the preparation and review of capital and operating budgets; assemble and review data for budget adjustments, service enhancements and expenditures, as required
• Analyse discrepancies between budgeted and actual expenditures and advise of potential cost overruns or shortfalls
• Assign tasks and review the work of clerical staff and provide departmental training and guidance as required
• Explain and interpret rules, regulations and policies to internal and external contacts
• Perform other related work, as assigned
• Completion of Grade 12 is preferred, including or supplemented by elementary accounting and commercial courses. Considerable related experience, preferable as a Clerk III, or equivalent combination of training and experience
• Sound knowledge of budget preparation and of related accounting procedures
• Considerable knowledge of the applicable department rules, regulations and procedures and of modern business office practices and procedures
• Ability to prepare and check reports, maintain complex records and deal effectively with both internal and external contacts
• Ability to assign, review and direct the work or staff engaged in clerical and related duties
• Ability to work with minimal supervision
The CUPE rate of pay for this position is $30.33 – 35.68 per hour (5 steps, 2020 rates) plus benefits. The hours of work are 7 hours per day Monday to Friday between 8:00am – 4:30pm.
If you wish to pursue this exciting career in a growing community, please visit tol.ca/careers to apply.
Internal closing date for this competition: August 18, 2020
External closing date for this competition: August 18, 2020
We appreciate all applications; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
||Township of Langley
4th Floor Civic Facility
20338 65 Avenue
Langley, BC, V2Y 3J1
||August 10, 2020 08:30 AM
||August 18, 2020 11:59 PM