|Senior Business Applications Analyst - Regular Full-Time
||Township of Langley
This posting closed on
August 25, 2020
at 11:59 PM
||20-U082 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Information Technology Department
||Join a “Community of Communities” – the Township of Langley, home to approximately 135,000 residents, is committed to providing progressive business, housing, and recreational opportunities, while balancing its unique mix of urban growth and rural beauty. A truly fun and beautiful place to work, the Township of Langley offers competitive salaries; excellent benefit packages; municipal pension plan; employee wellness programs; and, opportunities for professional development and career growth.
The Township of Langley is currently recruiting for a regular full-time Senior Business Applications Analyst to join our team of professionals in the Corporate Administration Division; Information Technology Department. Reporting to the Manager, Applications, in this unionized position you will be responsible for identifying and proposing opportunities to maximize secure and effective use of corporate computer business applications, assessing business requirements and determining specific needs of computer systems.
• Provide advice regarding information technologies, identify priorities and resource requirements, opportunities for application of technologies, and prepare reports and presentations related to the work performed
• Gather and analyze data, document current and alternative business processes, define functional requirements, and evaluate available software
• Act as project leader for the acquisition and implementation of approved computer systems and liaise between client departments and vendors
• Perform a variety of technical maintenance tasks on network infrastructure and server hardware and ensure that users receive training on new systems and procedures
• Conduct product and market research to maintain up-to-date knowledge of developments in the information technology industry
The primary focus for this position is the delivery of online services as part of the Township of Langley’s eGovernment strategy and as such a strong understanding of municipal services is needed. Technical understanding and experience in web development, middleware, DevOps, Azure, and API is essential. The successful candidate will have a proven skillset working with, but not limited to, .Net Core, ASP.Net, SQL, PowerShell, Azure, Power Platform, RESTful and SOAP services. Preference will be given to candidates with municipal experience.
• University graduation at the Bachelor's level in computer sciences plus considerable related experience in an integrated information technologies environment, or an equivalent combination of training and experience
• Thorough knowledge of problem definition and analysis related to business processes and systems planning and considerable knowledge of the principles and practices of administrative management and project management.
• Considerable knowledge of information technology components, processes and developments including such areas as local and wide area network, server, and workstation operating systems, hardware platforms and configuration options.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of internal contacts and the ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing in order to present proposals in non-technical language is necessary
In order to be considered for this position, candidates must have the following valid and current certifications / licenses (must be valid at the time the posting closes) and these must be attached with your application. Applications without the attached required documents below will be deemed incomplete and will not be considered. Please title your attachments with the number of this competition and have these documents ready to upload when you apply:
• BC Class 5 (full-privilege) driver’s license or equivalent driver’s license for where you reside. You must include with your application a current Personal Driving Record (select the 5 year option if obtaining online) that has been obtained within 6 months of the closing date. To obtain a copy of your Personal Driving Record, please contact ICBC directly or the driving authority where you reside. Please note that a copy of your Driver’s Licence and the Drivers Factor Report will not be accepted.
The CUPE rate of pay for this position is $43.90 - $51.87 per hour (5 steps, 2020 rates) plus benefits. The hours of work are Monday to Friday 8:30am – 4:30pm.
If you wish to pursue this exciting career in a growing community, please visit tol.ca/careers to apply.
Internal closing date for this competition: August 25, 2020
External closing date for this competition: August 25, 2020
We appreciate all applications; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
||Township of Langley
4th Floor Civic Facility
20338 65 Avenue
Langley, BC, V2Y 3J1
||August 17, 2020 08:30 AM
||August 25, 2020 11:59 PM