|GIS Analyst - Regular Full-Time
||Township of Langley
This posting closed on
September 22, 2020
at 4:30 PM
||20-U085 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Join a “Community of Communities” – the Township of Langley, home to approximately 135,000 residents, is committed to providing progressive business, housing, and recreational opportunities, while balancing its unique mix of urban growth and rural beauty. A truly fun and beautiful place to work, the Township of Langley offers competitive salaries; excellent benefit packages; municipal pension plan; employee wellness programs; and, opportunities for professional development and career growth.
The Township of Langley is currently recruiting for a regular full-time GIS Analyst to join our team of professionals in the Corporate Administration Division; Information Technology Department. Reporting to the Manager, Geomatics Services, in this unionized position you will be responsible for a variety of senior technical and analytical functions related to the on-going design and maintenance of the Geographic Information System and related systems.
• Serve as project leader for GIS project phases, evaluate new software or systems, assist in standards development and manipulate data for the production of maps and other deliverables
• Provide technical support and guidance to system users to customize and support GIS applications with programming tools, manipulate spatial database and related attribute data for the production of maps, reports, analysis or other deliverables
• Provide technical support, direction and training to internal contacts on GIS use and respond to enquiries and information requests from both internal and external contacts
• Completion of a geographic information system post-diploma program plus considerable related experienc, or an equivalent combination of training and experience
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of internal contacts and have superior communications skills, both verbal and written
• Ability to communicate effectively orally, work in a team environment, have a strong customer service focus
• A minimum of four years experience and/or skills in providing solutions for software and hardware issues, GIS principles/practices and experience in administering enterprise GIS will be considered an asset
The successful candidate will possess skills and knowledge in programs that include ArcGIS Enterprise, ArcGIS Desktop, ArcGIS Pro, ArcGIS Server, ArcGIS Online, ArcGIS Portal, Web AppBuilder, Collector for ArcGIS, Survey 123, ArcGIS for Developers, HTML5, JSON, geodatabase management, SQL Server, FME, FME Server, web server (IIS).
The CUPE rate of pay for this position is $40.35 - $47.69 per hour (5 steps, 2020 rates) plus benefits. The hours of work are Monday to Friday 8:30am – 4:30pm.
If you wish to pursue this exciting career in a growing community, please visit tol.ca/careers to apply.
Internal closing date for this competition: September 16, 2020
External closing date for this competition: September 22, 2020
We appreciate all applications; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
||Township of Langley
4th Floor Civic Facility
20338 65 Avenue
Langley, BC, V2Y 3J1
||September 8, 2020 08:30 AM
||September 22, 2020 04:30 PM