|*Please submit your cover letter along with your resume for consideration.
||District of Hope
To apply, e-mail your resume to
||HR-2020-03 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Situated in a majestic mountain setting at the east end of the lush Fraser Valley, Hope offers all the amenities of a large centre, while at the same time preserving the life style of a small community. Hope boasts an abundance of outdoor recreation opportunities; scenic trails for all levels of hikers and bikers; pristine lakes, streams and creeks for fishers and water sport enthusiasts. Some of our amenities include a modern recreation complex, a curling rink, baseball diamonds, skateboard park, golf & country club, a hospital, an extended care facility, a public health centre, drug stores, medical clinics, chiropractic care, optician, and more.
Due to an upcoming retirement, the District of Hope is currently seeking one full-time Records Coordinator to join our team. Under the direct supervision of the Director of Corporate Services, the Records Coordinator is responsible for the FOIP and Records Management processes and procedures at the District.
||Responsibilities include; but are not limited to:
• Implement a paper and electronic records management system processes and assist in developing the Records Management Policy and Procedure Manual;
• Assistance in providing direction, support and training to other Departments in records management procedures;
• Assistance in establishing best practises for a Records Centre;
• Maintenance of the Records Centre database and library of all records;
• Conducting information and training sessions and awareness of compliance with Corporate policies and procedures;
• Apply standards and policies for storage of archival material;
• Ensure the use of computerized document systems.
||Qualifications include; but are not limited to:
• Completion of Grade 12;
• Completion of a recognized certificate program in records management, preferably a Certified Records Manager designation or an equivalent educational program; or post secondary education in Library, Information or Archives;
• Experience or knowledge relating to Electronic Records Management and local government records.
||Thorough knowledge of:
• Information and Documentation – Records Management Part 1 and 2 (ISO: 15489-1 and 15489-2) and Electronic Records as Documentary Evidence (CAN\CGSB – 72.34-2005);
• Laserfiche, which includes document and record management, imaging, digitizing, indexing and archiving both paper and electronic records for storage and retrieval;
• Management principles and practices, current office administrative practices, procedures and systems;
• Business English, spelling and punctuation and modern office practices and procedures;
• Microsoft office suite (MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), along with software as it relates to Records Management;
• Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, Community Charter, Local Government Act, and other statutes and regulations governing local government
• Records management, creating and utilizing databases and modern office administration;
• Ease of computers and related software applications;
• Coordination of people, resources and services;
• Facilitating processes or meetings, co-ordinate and disseminate information and tasks to others; and establish priorities.
• Work independently and be able to exercise sound judgment in a high-volume work environment;
• Efficiently interact and respond to inquiries from staff and public.
||If interested in being considered for this role, please submit your cover letter and resume to the attention of Mrs. Dagny Guy, Manager of Human Resources & Occupational Health & Safety, via one of the methods below:
In Person: District of Hope | 325 Wallace Street | Hope, BC
By mail: District of Hope | PO Box 609 | Hope, BC | V0X 1L0
||PO Box 609
||District of Hope
325 Wallace St.
Hope, BC V0X 1L0
||September 14, 2020 08:30 AM
||September 30, 2020 04:30 PM