|*Please submit your cover letter and resume outlining how your skills, experience, and qualification specifically relate to the role.
||District of Hope
This posting closed on
November 6, 2020
at 12:00 AM
||HR-2020-05 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||RCMP - Hope Detachment
||Department: RCMP – Hope Detachment
Close Date: November 6, 2020
Schedule: 35 hours per week, may fall between 6:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m., Monday to Friday
Position Type: Unionized, non-management
Posting Type: Internal and external applications are welcome
Compensation: $29.90/hour plus a comprehensive benefits package
The District of Hope is currently seeking one full-time Court Liaison Officer/Exhibit Custodian. This position is primarily for the Exhibit Custodian responsibilities; however, the successful candidate will be expected to have knowledge of the responsibilities for the Court Liaison Officer role and be able and willing to fill in for the Court Liaison Officer in the event of an absence. Under the direct supervision of the Staff Sergeant, NCO/IC, this position works out of the Hope RCMP detachment and is expected to organize and maintain an efficient exhibit control system in accordance with RCMP policies and procedures.
||Responsibilities include; but are not limited to:
• Perform all associated duties of an Exhibit Custodian;
• Perform data entry requirements on PRIME, including the Property Module with exhibit tracking system;
• Accept and record all exhibits held at the Hope detachment; ensure exhibits are marked, packaged, and stored in compliance with existing policies, and maintain detention and retention forms and a dairy date system for further retention requests;
• Document the movement of all exhibits in Detachment custody, until final disposition; ensure arrangements are made for the disposition (destruction/return) of all exhibits according to policy and distribute/document reports on drug exhibits, per RCMP policies;
• Ensure all exhibits required for court are available to the RCMP member(s) requiring them;
• In conjunction with the Staff Sergeant, participate in the annual/semi-annual audit of exhibits in accordance with Detachment Quality Assurance Self-Audit systems and policies;
• Maintain exhibit lockers/rooms in a clean and orderly fashion at all times and ensure supplies are ordered and available;
• Responsible for the storing and releasing of Detachment firearms and ammunition.
||Qualifications include; but are not limited to:
• Completion of grade 12 or equivalent;
• Experience in the court and judicial system;
• Knowledge of Law Enforcement Court procedures;
• Working knowledge of modern office practices, procedures, and equipment;
• Experience with a variety of software and programs including CPIC, PIRS, JUSTIN, PRIME, Excel, L.A.N. systems, word processing software, and Court Services/Police computer programs;
• Establish and maintain and effective working relationship with Crown Prosecutors, Court Personnel, RCMP members and other members of staff;
• Have a level of understanding of the Criminal Code, Federal Statutes, Provincial Statutes, and Municipal Bylaws as it would pertain to their position;
• Demonstrated level of competency and typing/keyboarding;
• Sound knowledge of methods, procedures, principals and practices used in records management and the storage of exhibits;
• Experience and knowledge in handling and making safe a variety of firearms and improvised explosive devices;
• A valid class 5 driver’s license and insurable to operate a Government motor vehicle;
• Must be able to qualify for, and maintain, an enhanced reliability security clearance from the RCMP;
• Must be able to qualify for, maintain, and be designated through the Ministry of the Attorney General as a Special Constable;
• Must be willing and able to work overtime, on occasion, as authorized;
• Must have sufficient physical strength, stamina, and coordination to effectively perform work, including lifting heavy objects as a part of the responsibilities of the Exhibit Clerk.
||For more information about this role, please see the job description at www.hope.ca.
If interested in being considered for this role, please submit your cover letter and resume outlining how your skills, experience, and qualification specifically relate to the role, to the attention of Mrs. Dagny Guy, Manager of Human Resources & Occupational Health & Safety, via one of the methods below:
In Person: District of Hope | 325 Wallace Street | Hope, BC
By mail: District of Hope | PO Box 609 | Hope, BC | V0X 1L0
||District of Hope
325 Wallace St.
Hope, BC V0X 1L0
||October 6, 2020 08:30 AM
||November 6, 2020 12:00 AM