|Engineering Technologist II
||District of Mission
This posting closed on
October 26, 2020
at 4:30 PM
||2020-24 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Engineering & Public Works
||We are seeking a self-motivated, analytical and detail-oriented individual to join the Engineering & Public Works Department as an Engineering Technologist II. This work involves performing skilled technical tasks related to planning, performing, supervision, coordination and assignment of work involving the design and administration of municipal engineering contracts and projects.
||We are seeking an experienced technologist who has the ability to:
• Design municipal engineering projects utilizing approved design procedures and calculations including appropriate computer software;
• Analyze infrastructure capacities and identify deficiencies, utilizing a variety of modeling techniques and complex mathematical calculations;
• Participate in the negotiation of right of way acquisition, property acquisition, and approval for construction of works on private property in conjunction with construction projects;
• Prepare terms of reference for hiring consultants, review consultants' proposals, assist in selection, and monitor and follow up work completed;
• Assist with the development and modification of utilities master plans and neighborhood plans as they relate to Engineering;
• Analyze and review professional engineering-related reports;
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external contacts;
• Communicate ideas and solutions clearly and concisely, orally and in writing; and
• Write accurate and grammatically correct technical reports for a non-technical audience.
||The ideal candidate will have a Diploma or Degree in Civil Engineering (or recognized academic equivalent) along with a minimum of five years’ experience in a municipal engineering (or similar) environment and experience in the preparation and management of contract agreements. You will also be proficient with AutoCAD Civil 3D.
||You will have membership or be eligible for membership with the Engineers & Geoscientists BC (EGBC) or the Applied Science Technologists and Technicians Association of BC (ASTTBC) and possess a valid BC Class 5 driver’s license.
||The 2020 hourly rate for this full-time CUPE position is $50.03 per hour, plus an excellent benefit package including the Municipal Pension Plan. We also offer a 9-day fortnight schedule (extended hours for 9 days and 1 day off every two weeks).
||If this challenging career opportunity is for you, please apply via the Careers page on our website www.mission.ca/careers (Job ID 2020-24) by Monday, October 26, 2020.
||October 9, 2020 08:30 AM
||October 26, 2020 04:30 PM
|*We thank all interested candidates however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.