|Animal Services Officer
|*Please apply online at www.surrey.ca
||City of Surrey
This posting closed on
October 21, 2020
at 4:30 PM
||3568 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||The City is looking for a strong communicator who can handle difficult situations with diplomacy to fill the position of Animal Services Officer. Reporting directly to the Community Enforcement Manager, the Animal Services Officer’s main responsibilities will be to patrol designated areas of Surrey, conduct investigative and regulatory work, and enforce municipal bylaws and licensing regulations related to animals.
||• Receive calls from the public regarding animal related issues and follow up with affected parties.
• Investigate complaints regarding animal related bylaw violations, including biting or barking dogs and animal welfare related complaints.
• Catch and transport stray animals.
• Enforce animal control bylaws and licensing regulations.
• Issue warning notices, notices of offence, orders to comply, court orders and request warrants.
• Perform related clerical work.
• Perform other duties as required.
||• Completion of Grade 12
• Courses related to animal care and 2 years’ experience dealing with enforcement or investigative context as well as dealing with the public. Or, will have an equivalent combination of related experience and education.
• A valid BC driver’s license with a safe driving record
• Applicants should have knowledge of the care and handling of animals, animal related bylaws and licensing regulations along with knowledge of street addresses and geography of the City.
||14245 - 56th Avenue
Surrey, British Columbia
V3X 3A2, Canada
||October 9, 2020 08:30 AM
||October 21, 2020 04:30 PM