|Utilities Maintenance Worker (up to 15 positions) - Temporary Full-Time
||Township of Langley
This posting closed on
October 27, 2020
at 4:30 PM
||20-U095 (Please quote job ID on resume when applying)
||Join a “Community of Communities” – the Township of Langley, home to approximately 135,000 residents, is committed to providing progressive business, housing, and recreational opportunities, while balancing its unique mix of urban growth and rural beauty. A truly fun and beautiful place to work, the Township of Langley offers competitive salaries; excellent benefit packages; municipal pension plan; employee wellness programs; and, opportunities for professional development and career growth.
The Township of Langley is currently recruiting for up to fifteen temporary full-time Utility Maintenance Workers (from approx. January 25, 2021 to approx. December 24, 2021) to join our team of professionals in the Engineering Division; Utilities Operations Department. Reporting to the Utilities Operations Manager, in this unionized position you will assist in water works construction, maintenance and repair tasks while exercising independent judgement and initiative while ensuring safe work practices.
• Assist in waterworks construction, maintenance and repair tasks including the installation of watermains and fittings to grade, building valve chambers and manholes, tapping watermains for service connections and installations
• Utilize a variety of equipment for leak detection, valve exercising, vegetation control, hydrant painting and use an M-Scope to locate utilities.
• Assist water operators in the maintenance and operation of the pump stations and PRV’s and locate/repair broken or leaking watermains.
• Respond to water requests for service and may drive a Township vehicle as necessary
• Perform other related work as required
• Completion of Grade 12 or equivalent, supplemented by training courses and experience in utility operation and maintenance tasks or an equivalent combination of training and experience
• Sound knowledge of the methods, materials, tools and equipment applicable to the various functional areas of utilities operations and utilities maintenance work
• Sufficient physical strength, stamina and coordination to permit the performance of heavy manual outdoor work in all weather conditions
• Ability to assist in semi-skilled manual water system construction/maintenance and operate vehicles safely and efficiently
• Skill in the use and care of a wide variety of tools and equipment used in the work
In order to be considered for this position, candidates must have the following valid and current certifications/licenses (must be valid at the time the posting closes) and these must be attached with your application. Applications without the attached required documents below will be deemed incomplete and will not be considered. Please title your attachments with the number of this competition and have these documents ready to upload when you apply:
• BC Class 5 (full-privilege) driver’s license or equivalent driver’s license for where you reside. You must include with your application a current Personal Driving Record (select the 5 year option if obtaining online) that has been obtained within 6 months of the closing date. To obtain a copy of your Personal Driving Record, please contact ICBC directly. Please note that a copy of your Driver’s Licence and the Drivers Factor Report will not be accepted.
• Class 5 BC Driver’s License with Heavy Trailer Endorsement (Code 20) is preferred
• EOCP Water Distribution - Level 1
The CUPE rate of pay for this position is $30.83 per hour (2020 rates) plus 13% in lieu of benefits. The hours of work are Monday to Friday 8:00am – 4:30pm.
If you wish to pursue this exciting career in a growing community, please visit tol.ca/careers to apply.
Internal closing date for this competition: October 21, 2020
External closing date for this competition: October 27, 2020
We appreciate all applications; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
||Township of Langley
4th Floor Civic Facility
20338 65 Avenue
Langley, BC, V2Y 3J1
||October 13, 2020 08:30 AM
||October 27, 2020 04:30 PM